IX. The Hylian Serpent

The Lake was quiet and cold at night, similar to how the Twilight was. He, to cool off from his horse ride, jumped in the water for a swim, feeling some power in the low tide. Clearly this was the place above the Lakebed Temple, in which a golden power pulsated out through the water.

Link felt Lanayru trapped down there, and knew something was locking it within the cavernous walls. The twilight river monster emerged quicker than Link could swim away, and blasted him from the water onto cold dry land.

The river monster shrieked and pulled a tentacle from its side and wacked at Link, who dodged it and shot his gale boomerang at the jelly like thing. It screamed and shot a jelly spike at Link, who got hit and was sent flying back into the water to be plucked out and shocked by the eyeball in the monsters right tenticle. Pain seared his chest, but before the thing could open its mouth, it burst into shards of Twilight. Morpheel was ressurrected, then destroyed by the wave of light from the emergent serpent of the Lake.

"Hero of Light," the spirit of light said, attracting Link like a magnet. "My resting place in the spring has been infiltrated by a waiting shadow, who threatens to destroy me if I emerge. Here, I can escape for the night without Twilight and carry you up to the desert where you belong."

Link frowned. "Lanayru," he said. "Who isvthat evil?"

Lanayru the serpent pulled Link up on his back and led him to the cliff of the desert. "No one you know now. What awaits you is a familiar person. Please dont be afraid young hero, for the Sages will tell you all about it."

Once the spirit finished, Link was pulled up to the sand dunes and thrust to the Gerudo Desert, awaiting the familiar that lie where the Sages lie.