I. Return to the Village

Ordon Ranch. A cool autumn day, one week after the salvation of Hyrule by the Hero of Light, and the first week of restoration. The wolf and Twili had, together, eradicated the true evil from the Twilight Realm, and afterwards had shattered the mirror, leaving behind the frame that once bound the two worlds.

Link was back to business, his blonde hair exposed, returning to his old fashioned Ordonian clothes. He was now transporting the goats milk down the green path towards Mayor Bo's house in hope for the horse call from Ilia.

When he arrived at the Mayor's house, he set down the barrel of milk then rapped on the wooden door. The knocker was big, composed of two twin goat horns, an Ordonian classic.

To Link's surprised, Ilia had opened the door, to meet Link's blue eyes. Little did she know he was once a beast of the shadows, whom had restored her memory, saved the world from the fated curtain of Twilight and the princess alike, as well as wielding the shining blade of evil's bane.

"Link!" yelled Ilia, loud enough to attract the preying eagle's attention by the lake. She embraced him, and giggled slightly, pulling the horse call from her purse at her side. Ilia placed the red threaded horse call in the junior rancher's hands, smiled. "Thank you."

Link grinned. He missed her, and was glad she was back to the daily scolding to him of Epona. Speaking of his steed, he hadn't seen her in a few hours, something wronged by him to Ilia. He ambled out to the creek, far from the ranch, and the mayor's home, and called Epona.

Epona? Link looked around, the horse call unworking. The sweet melody had flown around him, but apparently even as far as Faron Woods it didnt reach her field of hearing.

Maybe his horse was in the woods, something he must tend to. Therefore he began to run to the woods before Ilia could even walk out the door.