[10] She Comes and Goes With Ease

He lay on the dark floor of the grimy cell as she watched his chest rise and fall. This man was a murderer... And yet, he looked so peaceful, excluding the fact that he was separated from her with thick iron bars.

Perhaps this is why she felt so safe. If the barrier had not been there, she would have ordered for one of her assistants to accompany her, along with a sword and loaded pistol.

A small dagger hung on the edge of her boot, snugly fitting to the muscular imprint of her calf. She could end it all here. Stop his reign of terror, and let her master rule over what he had rightfully fought and killed for. Not yet... Not yet. The Battousai could still be of use. Jeriko would slash her throat if she did anything to compromise the work of one of his most cunning and strong swordsmen.

A small sigh escaped her mouth as she glanced down into her tall boot, hoping for a glint of her prized weapon. Just a dull throb of silver stared back at her. At least it was there. It had never been lost, never left her side. Unlike everything else in her life.

She then remembered her mission here. She reached into the large pocket on her left hip and pulled a note. Within seconds, it was reduced to a small ball, crushed by her small, yet strong hands. She drifted towards the killer and placed the ball into his mouth. She pushed it down, and decided that her work was finished.

With a swish of her long coat, she exited the police holding area, stepping over the bodies she had left bleeding out when she came in to visit him.