[9] Interrogation

"Speak up, you filthy rat!" The cell echoed with the sound of the policeman's scratchy voice. He shook the table he was leaning over, eye to eye with the red-haired menace, whose hands and feet were tied.

"I'll repeat this once more... I have nothing to say to you." Battousai replied, gold eyes barely holding their signature glint due to the dimness of the room. His eyes traveled to the door, and then returned a glare to the policeman, who was doing the same to him.

The door opened, and behind it was a tall man. Battousai looked him over. He was well built and tall. A bulge in his jacket indicated a hidden weapon. This was a licensed interrogator.

"Himura Battousai... I never thought you'd be one of my... Victims." He chuckled, obviously excited for his job. He then turned to the policeman."What do you need me to get out of him?"

"He's begun killing again, but for seemingly no reason. We need to find out what that reason is."

"I understand."

The interrogator and Battousai watched as the policeman left and shut the door. As soon as the door had shut, the interrogator whipped around and pulled out the dagger he had been concealing. Within seconds, the dagger had been planted in Battousai's chest.

  Battousai's eyes widened in surprise and pain as the weapon pierced his skin. "Tell me what I need to know, and you'll live. If not, you'll never see your friends again."

"I have no friends..." Battousai choked out, blood beginning to collect in his mouth.

  "Oh, I could've sworn you did... They were with you when you were taken aw..."

  "I'm part of something bigger! There is more to these random killings than you may think! Jeriko is the master! We serve him! We serve the master! Jeriko! He controls us all!" Battousai suddenly burst out, yelling at the top of his lungs. The interrogator could've sworn that, just for a second, the manslayer's eyes were purple. "Dammit, Kenshin... Trying to take control of the body just to save your friends... You'll regret that..." He said to himself, blood leaking from his mouth and nose.

  The tall man was taken aback by Battousai's outburst. "What?... Who is Jeriko? Why is he the master? What?..." He stopped asking the questions when he realized that the Battousai was looking at him in a very confused manner. His golden eyes had become purple.

  "I have no idea what you're saying..." Kenshin replied before falling unconscious.

  The interrogator sighed before walking over to the red haired man. He yanked the blade from his chest, and began to walk out the door.

  Another policeman ran up to him. "Do you have what you need?"

  "Barely, but I'll manage. I'll do research and get my findings back here as soon as I can. Also, the Battousai has reverted. He may not remember much of what has happened today. He needs medical attention immediately." The interrogator replied before walking away.

  All the while, there was a certain group of four hiking their way to Kyoto to get their friend back.