Chapter 20

Everest and I stayed like this for quite some time, thoroughly enjoying each other's company. She's so beautiful and might I add, a fantastic kisser. I felt so good and she felt it too. I got up and offered her my hand. She took it and hopped up, both of us shaking the mud off of our clothes.

I turn to Everest standing in her beautiful stance, and pull her in for one more kiss. Something about her was irresistible and I needed more. The taste of her lips, the feeling of her icy white hair in my palms, it was intoxicating. We made our way back to camp, hand in hand. I could still feel her warmth next to me, and it calmed me more than I could explain.

We walked in silence, both of us just calmly enjoying our moment. I paused before we reached the camp, letting go of her hand. She looked at me with piercing eyes, questioning why I let go. "We shouldn't act lovey dovey around Elizabeth, she'll just be grossed out and not talk to me" I say in explanation. Everest gives me a solemn nod, place her hands intertwined behind her back.

We walk to the camp, my one arm full of wood I picked up right before getting back. "We're back" I mutter coolly, not wanting to discuss what took us so long. Although, when I looked around, nobody was there. Elizabeth's pack was where she left it, with the grass bent from where she had been sitting. Other than that, there was no trace of her. I felt a drop in my stomach, fear running through me. Was I so selfish to leave Elizabeth out in the woods all alone? Sure she was tough, but not enough to fight 10 monsters let alone men all by herself!

I could still feel her aura, which meant she was still alive and near. Relief filled through me, and I sighed. I turn to Everest, her seeming completely uninterested in whether Elizabeth was alright or not. "Are you going to come look for her with me?" I ask, to which she replied with a frown and a shrug. I took that as a no, and turn on my heels. I see some of the grass dented along a path that leads to the lake, and I choose to follow that. I step slowly, following every sign of her I could.

I drew my bow, prepared to fight. She may hate my guts, but we have a Bond, and if anyone hurt her I would kill them. The only person who gets to tease her is me, and if I ever saw anyone lay a hand on her, they'd have to face my wrath, along with my entire kingdom's. I walk faster, the angst in the pit of my stomach getting deeper with every second I don't see her. What if she's hurt and I can't help? What if I don't make it in time?

Shaking my head, I begin running, worry filling my every thought. Then I reach the edge of the lake. I see her. She's curled up not far away, laying on the ground. I see her eyes closed, though her aura still flows through my veins, and I know she's alright. I sigh louder than a cat that just woke from a long nap. My heart slowed and I rush to her, worried she might be injured.

When I approach her, I see that she's sleeping. I bend over next to her, not seeing any show of injury, other than a few scrapes on her ankle. I caress her cheek, pushing the hair out of her eyes. "Thank god you're alright. I need you Elizabeth. Can't have you getting up and disappearing on me" I whisper very quietly.

Though it was enough to wake her, and I see her groggy eyes. She moans and sits up. "Where....Am....I ?" she asks, sleepiness filling her every word. "I was going to ask you the same thing" I reply with a chuckle, "But I suppose if you don't know, and I don't know, It doesn't really matter hm?"

She nods, turning up to face me. I smile at her, and I feel my heart soften while looking at her. We really do feel stronger together, the Bond is true. She turns to the moon and whispers "It's beautiful isn't it?" Just like you I think to myself, though I would never say that out loud. I nod, unsure how to reply. She usually whacks me if I say anything out of line, so I choose to keep my mouth shut.

We sit watching the moon on the lake for a while, in still silence. She sits lost in a deep thought, her fingers caressing her lips. She looks beautiful in the moonlight, highlighting her eyes and her skin tone. I smile and turn to the moon, sitting side by side with her. Complete silence, though it's one of those comfortable ones, where you feel like you're having your own conversation, just without words.

She dozes again, though she's sitting up, so her body collapses onto my lap. I don't mind though. I grin and let her rest her head on me. I caress her head as she sleeps, and we stay like that until morning. Tonight we became more than a Prince and a Guardian. We became friends.