Chapter 32

Dear my beloved readers,

Hey! It's me again. I am so sorry for not writing in a while, exams and school absorbed all of my attention. Though now that it's summer, I'll be writing again!! The next schedule is I'll be updating every Tuesday from now on, and as soon as the book's done, I'll begin editing!

Huge thank you goes out to everyone sticking with the story, I promise you this will be an adventure. Keep in mind this is my first novel so my writing style is new, and I'm on this journey too, just like you all!

Please leave a vote or a comment, it really motivates us authors to keep writing! Thank you again for reading this, and now, let's get to the good stuff! Enjoy lovelies :)

-Maiden <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running. That's what I was doing, or at least that's what I would call it. Though it wasn't really running, I was more floating. My legs were moving but I couldn't feel a thing. I don't know where I was going, or what I was running to, but all I knew was my body was pushing to get there.

I was swallowed into this abyss, gasping for air as I continued to run. My body was on fire, every limb and muscle screaming in pain. All around me the world was a deep and dark purple. The world seemed to swirl around me, leaving my head spinning if I kept my eyes focused on one spot for too long.

I was beginning to succumb to the pain. I was feeling dizzy and nauseous, my whole world a big purple blur. Though a little voice inside me kept urging me forward.

Keep going Colin, keep going! You need to get there, or else you'll lose her!

Who is this voice? What are they trying to get me to save? Who's "her"?! I continued to wonder.

I continued to sprint, running for what felt like hours. My heart was racing a mile a minute until I saw it. Right ahead of me stood a beautiful light. It was bright and vibrant and all of the colors mixed into one, without being a specific color at all.

I gasped when I saw it, knowing that it was where all of my questions could be answered. I was inches away from it, so close I could almost touch it. I increased my pace and sprinted towards it with all I have.

Then CRASH!

My body slammed into a deep brick wall. My head smashed into it first, causing me to cry out in pain. I felt the warm blood trickling down my head as I recovered from the blow until all at once my body gave in. My whole existence fell out of my control and I began sinking deeper into the abyss.

The only thing I could hear was the little voice yelling out a loud No! before the whole world went black once again.

I woke up with my body saturated in sweat. My breathing was coming in heavy pants and my heart was racing a mile a minute.

I looked up to see Westen standing over me. "Hey man, you good? Took a pretty nasty hit off of that tree over there" he says while gesturing to a big black tree in the distance.

I shook my head, knowing that something more must've happened since I'm no klutz.

I took his hand and hopped up to my feet. I moaned as I felt the gash on my head create a searing and uncomfortable pain.

I nodded to Westen in appreciation and then noticed the concern on his face.

With all the strength I could muster I muttered the words "What's.....wrong?" to which I earned an, even more, grave face from Westen.

"Well my lord," he says pausing to take a deep breath, "Your home is under attack."

I grabbed his shoulder before I collapsed the realization hitting me like a ton of bricks. My dream with Elizabeth wasn't just a dream. It was a vision.

"And what of it? Are we defending ourselves?" I ask Westen, in hopes our people would scare away these villains.

"No sir, they are requesting your aid as soon as possible. I heard the word of this from a knight on a search for you. He is here awaiting your arrival now, please we must hurry." Westen says, no in his voice, which is something I'd never heard before.

I nodded, and though the pain was excruciating, Westen and I rushed towards the knight, prepared to defend our home, even if it may cost us our lives.