Chapter 22

I'm falling. Deeper and deeper I sink, an unknown object wrapped tightly around my ankle, dragging me into the depths of the unknown. I feel a sting as it digs deep into my skin, twisting back and forth, giving me a searing rub burn that I'm sure will turn into a bloody mess later.

Although I'm submerged underwater, it's as if I can breathe with ease. After waking up, I no longer felt suffocated, I breathed in the water like air. My body glided down, I looked up and saw many fish swimming around, all giving me strange looks on the way down. I'm sure they never see a "fish" like me this deep before. I continue to sink, though where I'm going, I don't know. I try to make contact with Lillian, but all I get is dead air. Seems as though I'm cut off from all reality.

The water felt almost euphoric, with it's still silence and the soothing feeling as the water glided around me, as I drift towards my unknown destination.

I look down, and finally see a light. Though it's not a normal light. This light is a black, deep colour. As soon as I looked at it my heart stopped. I felt it pulling at me and calling me. Come, Elizabeth......Come home.....The light whispers to me. The sound of it sends shivers down my spine, and I bend down to try to undo whatever has hold of my leg. It's strong and slimy, and I can't get a good grip on it.

Finally I glide right into the light, the darkness encasing me. I try to scream, but nothing comes out. The light is blinding, throwing me, and everything around me into a hole of darkness. The water is freezing, undoubtedly a temperature that would kill a normal human. So why hasn't it killed me?

I continue to be dragged through the darkness, my breath quickening as I descend. Then we it all stops.

In one quick movement, the slimy arm that was holding me lets go, and I plummet down, my falling speed increasing. I screech as I fall, this time my screams being audible. I see a bright light on the ground below, shining white. I see the ground coming closer and closer and I slam my eyes shut, not wanting to see myself splat on the ground like an egg thrown off a roof.

I fall and fall, but when I land, I don't hit the ground. I hear a loud Oof as I land right into someone's arms.

These arms are strong and stable, wrapping around me and holding me close. I'm completely dry, which is surprising since I had just spent quite some time in the deep water. My arms are wrapped around this stranger from the fall, and I breathe quickly, in a poor attempt to calm myself.

When I finally look up to see who my saviour is, I gasp. It's the man I had seen   just last night! The one who kissed me. I look into his warm eyes. His brown hair was a mess on top of his head, and his violet eyes shone as they look at me. He stared at me with such an intensity, as if he couldn't believe I was real, and right in front of me. His broad chest held me against him, and I couldn't stop the blush that rested on my face.

His stone face then contorted into a yawn. He grinned and set me down. "Why hello there malady" he says, elongating every word, and bowing for extra effect. "I um... I don't mean to be rude but...uh.... Whyamihere, whoareyou, howdidyouknowhowtofindme" I reply extremely fast, my heart racing from being held so closely.

He tosses his head back and laughs. "Now now, don't you remember me from last night?" he coos, lifting an eyebrow. "I mean after all we did share one hell of a kiss" he finishes, with a Cheshire Cat grin on his face. I immediately look down, a crimson red blush appearing on my cheeks.

"Well now I suppose I must introduce myself. My name is Erador, and this is my realm." He says as he gestures around for effect. "and you malady, are my Queen"