C-14; Grilbys

Emma POV

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!"

I smile happily as everyone begins to chatter. They talk about relationships, the 'weather', clothes, and anything else that happens to come to mind. Eventually they run out of things to talk about. An uncomfortable silence fills the air. The usually obnoxious Undyne is incredibly quiet. That is, until the fire monster (what was his name again?) walked up and introduced me to one of the cute dogs that were sitting at the bar. Then, Frisk began to pet them, causing them to howl, causing all others dogs to howl, causing everyone to burst out laughing, causing multiple minutes to be filled once more.

All the while I kind of sat off to the side. I didn't know these guys well, so inside jokes are lost on me. I have no fun or embarrassing stories, having lived in a strict orphanage, and telling them about the Surface just seems cruel. I'm still not sure about how The Barrier even works? So, I just sit there, smiling and nodding when someone asks a question.

The others don't really seem to notice. Alphys, Undyne, and Mettaton are discussing anime (never really pegged Metta as the anime type, but whatever.) in low and excited voices. I think they want to put something like that into Mettaton's show. Papyrus is busy admiring Mettaton, while having a conversation with Frisk. The human beside you is petting a dog furiously. Sans is trying to 'discreetly' watch them do it. It's funny to think that Sans thinks no one noticed.

Apparently I'm not the only one who noticed Sans staring. After awhile Undyne sees and begins to 'oooo' loudly. I'm pretty sure everyone in the Underground could hear as everyone began to chant sings similar to the ones on the Surface. I don't partake in the relentless teasing of others. It reminds me of the bullies at the orphanage.

I do my best not to shiver at the thought of my former 'home'. I hated remembering my life there.

Scene: One of many rooms in the vast Ebott Orphanage. It had bare walls, hard wooden floorboards, and little  to no windows. This room in particular has one broken window on the right side (If you are facing the door.). There are two bunks pushed against the two corners farthest the door. Each mattress has a single pillow, a sheet, and a thin comforter. The top bunks seem to be the only used beds. The other two look like they haven't been slept-in in a long time.

*A woman walks. No. Stomps into the room, startling the two children on the top bunks. One of the children is a boy with black hair that sticks out at odd angles. He was nicknamed 'Goku' by one of the visiting families. He had been adopted on that same day, and would be leaving for his new home soon. The other child, an older girl with long black hair that curved at odd angles, sat cross-legged on the right side bunk. She had no family. No one wanted to adopt a 15+ girl. Goku was 13 and sweet enough to get away with it. At least, that's what the people who own the Orphanage said. She just figured she hadn't met the right family yet. She probably never would, seeing as she was planning on busting out soon. Rumor had it the Owners were transferring people again. Rumor had it that the girl was on the top of that list. Rumor was a young girl around 6 That could squeeze through any air duct out there.*

Woman: What are you doing up?

Emma: Waiting for you to get out. *She was always a bit snappish around this lady.*

Woman: *Raises hand threateningly.* Do I need to teach you not to mess with your superiors?

*Both children shudder inwardly. They remembered what 'teaching a lesson' meant. Their scars weren't yet healed.*

Emma: *Mumbles.* No Ma'am.

Woman: What about you, Goku? *Rounds on the younger child, spitting out his name like it disgusts her.*