Heal

Sophie couldn't have jumped up faster, she followed Tam, hurrying between the corridors and up the many staircases. Fitz was beside her, gripping her hand tightly never letting go. She didn't want him to, she needed his solidness to help her get through this dark maze she had willingly entered inside her mind passing the toughest thoughts and moments she had experienced.
Granite was behind them, looking panicked. Wylie was his adopted son and he clearly thought something had happened. Sophie suspected it was about Prentice. Sophie shivered, just thinking about his name all the worries and thoughts came crashing back. She pushed them away, twisting her emotions tighter and tighter, not letting them unravel. Silently, she now promised herself and Mr Forkle that she would not think about herself that way, she knew that she meant something to her parents and her friends. She would be strong and would continue with her life happily, just like Forkle wanted to. It was only fair.

Suddenly, with a new determination she pushed herself forward, grinning. They just ran and ran, Sophie keeping up with Tam, fueled by her new emotions. No longer just sadness, but happiness, tranquility, also fear and worry, but she was now determined to save the elvin world and make everything worthwhile and worth for all of Mr Forkle's efforts. Until they reached Wylie's room. He was just sitting there. The others were waiting for her, Dex cocked his head worriedly at her and she shrugged.

"Well, here I am." Sophie whispered stepping forward to Wylie. The others started to back out of the room but Fitz didn't follow them. Fitz stopped her but she shook her head. "He wants to see me alone." She said, apologizing with her eyes. Fitz looked like he might protest but Tiergan was nodding his head in agreement so he gave in, stepping back. Soon they were both alone. Sophie took several deep breaths before smiling. "How are you feeling?" Sophie said to him, stepping forward and crouching next to him. He shrugged, frowning. "It's okay Wylie, it's going to take time." She comforted him, he bit his lip but nodded smiling up at her. Trying to rid the worry in her eyes, instead filling her mind with happy memories, smiling unconsciously.

"So why am I here Wylie? Tam said that you wanted to see me?" Sophie asked, Wylie nodded. "Tiergan told me about how he asked you to heal my dad," he said, apparently oblivious to the panic twisting her features when he mentioned it. "And, I'm going to tell you what I think about it." He said, Sophie looked down at Wylie, a bit confused. "Alright." She said, allowing him to continue. "I don't know if he's ready. I don't think it's the best time for him to wake up. With me in this state, his wife is dead and may have been purposely murdered not just an accident." Wylie said, his features hardening. "Wylie, are you okay?" She asked him worriedly, Wylie shrugged. "It's weird, my dad could be woken up, my mother may have been murdered on purpose, and I'm sitting here in one of the Black Swan's hideouts with my adoptive father being one of the most important people in a rebellion. It's just... weird." He frowned. Sophie nodded. "I know it's strange, I'm struggling too." She told him, Wylie looked up at her. "Everything is changing isn't it?" He said seriously, Sophie closed her eyes. "Yes Wylie, it most certainly is changing." She whispered.

"You miss him?" Wylie asked her, she already knew who he was talking about. She opened her eyes and stared out of the window. "More than I can put into words Wylie," She replied softly, Wylie put a consoling hand on her shoulder. She whipped around, confused and stared at his hand on her shoulder. "Are you angry?" She asked him. Wylie leaned back, crossing his arms and looking thoughtful. Then he smiled.
"No, I understand. They all trust you don't they?" He asked her. Relief and pride washed through her and she nodded. "Yes, yes they do." She grinned. He looked her up and down. "You've grown since the first time I saw you." He whispered. Sophie frowned, "Well of course, it's been a while." Wylie shook his head. "No, not like that. Emotionally, mentally, and also physically you've grown. You're going to become so much, maybe that's why my father and lots of others sacrificed so much for you." He smiled. Sophie paused, moved.

"Well I'm glad I could get your opinion Wylie, I don't know why the others want to heal him. It really isn't the best time! Thank you Wylie." Sophie thanked him sincerely. Wylie smiled and nodded. "Of course," He said. She turned and walked out of the room, closing the door softly behind her. Everyone was still there. They all held their breath, waiting for her. "He disagrees." She announced, everyone looked at Tiergan. He closed his eyes and nodded softly.

"Of course." He whispered.

A/N:

Ok so it's been ages like a month since I have updated and I sincerely apologise! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did vote to show your support! ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.1K READS I LOVE YOU ALL!

BYEE

883 words