Searching

When Sophie's vision cleared, she saw Fitz already waiting for her. Her heart skipped a beat seeing him, even during all the chaos. He smiled slightly and walked up to her, kissing her softly on the forehead and hugging her. "She'll be fine Sophie."
Sophie gripped his jacket even when he stepped back, not wanting to let go of the little comfort she had.
The elf who had brought her here looked straight ahead. "You should meet up with them now." He told them, Sophie nodded letting go of Fitz but reaching down to grip his hand. He squeezed back and rubbed his thumb over her hand.

They followed the man into the building and Keefe, Linh, Tam, Biana, and Dex stood up when they came in. Dex waked over and gave her a shoulder hug. She smiled softly at him, he was her height now but he kept boasting about how he was going to grow taller.

"I can't believe that I forgot about her for so long. She was probably so lonely." Sophie said, frowning. "Foster we all forgot about her." Keefe said, his famous smirk gone, replaced by a worried frown. "I know but I'm her sister." She replied sadly. "Technically -" Tam started. "Shush." Sophie waved his never finished sentence away with her hand.
"I'm hurt." Tam mocked hurt, putting a hand to his heart with an anguished look on his face. Keefe smiled slightly. "Oh shut up." He told him, Tam glared at Keefe and Keefe glared back. Tam grinned sheepishly, and Keefe looked away, smug.
Sophie narrowed her eyes at them, something seemed to have happened between them. And it looked like that was a good thing?

"Guys this is no time for joking around." Dex frowned. Tam and Keefe looked apologetic. "Right, sorry Sophie." Tam apologized, Keefe echoed him. "Where's the Collective?"

"Right here." Sophie and the others turned, then saw Squall. Dex smiled. "Mum, please explain what's happening?" He pleaded. Squall nodded. "Of course. We recieved information that Natalie, formerly Amy, had disappeared from her room. She had been visited by the gnomes every day so she did not get bored. She had many books, although most were in a language she would understand. She had food, water, all the things she could know. But she clearly wasn't comfortable so she ran away." Squall finished, Sophie nodded, her cheeks on fire with shame. Are you alright? Fitz asked, Sophie managed to keep herself from jumping. Yes, I think. I'm just worried for her, she has no idea where she is and the Neverseen are on the loose as always. If they find out that she's roaming the Lost Cities by herself then who knows what they will do to her. Sophie replied, frowning. We will find her. Fitz transmitted, determination in his voice.

"How many times do we have to tell you not to flirt with each other with telepathy!" Keefe shouts, hitting Fitz over the head. "Sorry! It's hard not to talk to each other. And for the record we were not flirting." She smiles, Keefe rolls his eyes. Usually when Keefe says that, his fists are clenched even if he tries to hide it. This time, his hands were swinging by his side. Sophie wondered what had changed. She brushed it off and focused on the problem at hand. "Back to the conversation, do you think that the gnomes could help finding her if my telepathy doesn't work?" Sophie asked. Squall paused thinking. "Yes." A familiar voice came from behind her. Sophie turned and saw Granite. She sighed in relief, out of the Collective, she was much more familiar with Granite then anyone.

She hugged him, he hesitated before hugging her back. "Hello Sophie." He said warmly, Sophie smiled at him. She stepped back. "When exactly did Natalie escape?" Linh asked. "We prefer the term "ran away" as "escape" sounds like we were holding her prisoner, but that aside, we think that she got out of the building around midday." Granite/Tiergan replied calmly. "Well that wasn't too long ago, she couldn't have gone far." Dex said, Linh smiled at his hopeful tone but frowned slightly when he smiled at Sophie. She smiled back, grateful that her best friend was pointing out the positive.

"Dex is right, we just hope she didn't find any stray crystals lying around the place." Squall pointed out, Sophie and the others frowned. "I didn't think about that." Keefe said, Sophie nodded. "Neither." She murmured. Keefe put a supportive hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry Foster, we'll find her." He smiled. "We will." Tiergan/Granite assured her. Sophie smiled. "I hope so." She replied. "So how about we stop trying to tell ourselves that and actually start looking for her?" Biana suggests. They all nod. "Alright Biana, Tam, go and find the gnomes and explain that we need their help. Dex go get Blur, he should be in the field, and Keefe you can go get me a snack." Granite ordered. Sophie giggled at the last command.
Keefe threw up his hands. "Seriously?" He cried, Granite nodded. "Yes, I'm hungry."
Everyone laughed before walking off to do the tasks they had been given. Granite then turned to Sophie and Fitz. "Alright Sophie you're going to search for Natalie. Fitz if she needs a boost you can help her." He told them, they nodded. Sophie started to reach out. She stretched out her consciousness calling Natalie's name. She felt a flicker of a thought. Sophie concentrated, closing her eyes and focused on that one thought. Then she heard her sister's voice: "help!"

A/N:

YAY I FINALLY UPDATED. sorry this is a bit shorter but I've been so busy like I know it's a crap excuse BUT IVE BEEN BUSY
ALSO HOLD UP: I HIT 3k VIEWS LIKE HOLY RHHCUWIDHXUWDJXOIWJDUXHWDIC THANK YOU SO MUCH! I never thought I could have so many people read the result of a lazy Sunday morning hahaaaaa
I LOVE YOU ALL
#fangirlsunite