The Button (Explained)

Today I'm gonna talk about something that made all Mike's lovers and all Mike's haters cringe... that button.

Re-watching All-Stars and a lot of search about MPD treatment, I found out that... Maybe, the idea of the button wasn't THAT inaccurate.

I know, I know it was pretty bad and it's also a Deus Ex-Machina... But there's an explication for this and Mike's fight with his personalities at Grand Chef Auto.

The first part of the treatment that would be used for an MPD person like Mike (there are other types) is making all his personalities work together aiming a better development of the person, this can't be done from day to next day, this part of the treatment needs months and months of psychiatric and emotional treatment, also brings depression, wrath attacks and aggressive attitude against nurses and/or family.

Mike at his audition's tape said he was okay, he was able to compete. This could mean the personalities didn't work together yet, BUT they were quiet.

As we saw on Mike's storyline on 4th season, he started getting control over his personalities in order to protect Zoey and stay sane for her.

Scott's blackmail about telling Zoey the truth of his MPD caused Mike to try to take control. So basically, thanks to Scott,  Mike's personalities became friends and he could take control over them.

Of course this is NOT how MPD people do this, but it was a easy way to explain it to people that doesn't know about this mental issue.

On season five, we see Mike having the same symptoms of the beginning of season four, being some of them: amnesia, headaches, suicide thoughts (when he tried to kill himself with a rock)... all these because of Mal's emergence. Mike and his personalities thought they got rid of him, but as we know, he came back.

The next part of the treatment is... combinating all the personalities into just one. And here comes the button.

 The button is a metaphor, something to represent someway the treatment. Because, let's be honest, no one would want to see Mike/Mal in a hospital being hypnotized, fighting himself (with anxiety and depression) and Zoey watching all of this through a window.

And, being honest again, the writers obviously didn't know how to end with Mal before they created him, forcing them to do this Deus Ex Machina (when Mal was obviously a Diabolus Ex Machina).

And, finally, this is the easiest way to explain a child or a teenager who doesn't know anything about MPD. So yeah, maybe the button wasn't the best option, maybe it wasn't the smartest option and of course it wasn't the most realistic one. BUT, it's the easiest and the fastest way to get rid of Mal.

Could they come back?

Good news for Mike's personalities' fans: Yes, they WILL.

Personalities always appears the first time when the person is in a traumatic situation. This means that if Mike gets seriously depressed or stressed, they personalities WILL appear in order to protect him.

He could also create new ones if he went trough new traumatic experiences. This could be good or bad, depending in the new personality's personality. Another personality like Svetlana would be great for him, but another personality like Mal could send him to prison again.

Could Zoke work in real life?

We all know Zoey isn't prepared to deal with Mike's issues. Is more than just an attitude changing. He could wake up one day and feel nothing for Zoey (yeah, he's feelings for every person could change anytime). Zoey couldn't handle that, she's way too sensitive to do it.

Maybe, it could work. But nothing is sure with a MPD person, and even more when he's a teenager and hormones are always there.

________________________________________________
So, this is my theory, please, give your opinions in the comments below, and I'll take this oportunity to say... I uploaded TD Scape TWICE! Go Check It Out!

Some day I'll write a theory about Mike's personalities' origins, do you like my idea?

Anyways, thank you so much for reading this theory :D