-Not His Last Breath- ~Part 14~

Max's POV: 

M-What do you mean he's gone?!

J- I j-just left him fo-for a minute! I didn't know Jaymi stop following you!!

M- Pick up the scent. I'm tracking Nathan right now with Jack & Eli.

I practically threw my phone in my pocket. I wasn't fast, but for him I ran faster. Faster than Jack & Eli, Jack called for me to slow down, but I followed Nathan's scent. While running I picked up the tracker's scent and lost sight of Jack and Eli. I can't believe Jay didn't watch him better. The scent became closer & closer. I breathed in some more and smelled blood. Nathan's blood..

Nathan's POV:

I felt like I was in someone's arms, they were cool and rock hard so I cuddled into them more.

Max. I said opening my eyes. Who I saw wasn't Max. It was the vampire who met my eyes during the soccer game. He smiled down at me in a sinister way so I started to struggle. Of course he was stronger not even flinching.

Let go of me. I said in between struggles.

Sure. He said throwing me from his arms. I yelped when I came in contact with a old piano. Probably a few bruises, but nothing broken. I looked around seeing my old piano school when my Mum and I lived around here before Nevada.

Why here? I asked him when he crept up next to my face.

You've been here? He asked actually looking confused.

Yeah I took lessons as a kid. I said.

I live here. It's old and abandoned now. Perfect for a vampire. He said.

Only for 5 minutes was it a normal conversation before he grabbed my leg and flung be across the way to the wall. Surprisingly still no broken bones anywhere. I was sore, but managed to get up. His movements were quick and he appeared in front of me. The pepper spray!! I felt my pockets and lifted it just in time. I sprayed him in the face and tried to make a run for it. The doors just ahead of me.

Unfortunately, he recovered quickly and flew in front of me.

Bastard. He said throwing me into the old piano from before. I cried out when I fell, the piano breaking and my bones possibly now breaking as well. I felt pain in my leg and widened my eyes seeing the blood pour out. My kidnapper in front of me again looking at my leg and licking his lips. He lifted my leg, me screaming for him to put it down, and was about to bite when a figure tackled him off me. Max looked at me then my leg getting the same look the tracker did.

No. I breathed out. Max's face switched to concern and he gently picked me up.

It's ok. Get you cleaned up. Max told me. He started running for the door, but like me didn't even make it. The tracker flung his body at us knocking me out of Max's arms. I crashed into a wall, but willed myself to stay awake to watch Max. The tracker ran over to me and grabbed my leg. He made sure Max was watching before sinking his teeth in. I cried out again feeling this indescribable pain.

Max's POV:

So close and this damn tracker pushes me. Nathan fell from my arms and we were separated again. I looked up meeting Jaymi's eyes. He smirked then bit into Nathan. Nathan cried out making me jump up and run towards them.

Get off of him. I growled pushing him off of Nathan. I didn't have time to help Nathan because Jaymi lunged for me sending us both to the ground, him on top of me.

You were faster and your definitely not the strongest than your family. Jaymi said.

Stronger than you. I said throwing him off.