Chapter Eleven

Between what is said and not meant and what is meant and not said. Most of love is lost.

Ikram's POV

I just prayed zuhr and I'm still panicking. I've been panicking since I opened my eyes this beautiful morning. Note the sarcasm. In like four hours I'll be going out for the first time with Adnan. Does this mean he finally feels something for me? Or is he just trying to play my feelings. I don't know and I'm reluctant to find out. The wedding is fast approaching and I'm really distracted. I left Zahra in charge of everything because honestly,I can't deal with the stress of planning a wedding. I always dreamt of how my wedding would go,but right now,I'm not even feeling it. All I feel is dread and just the unknown. But I shouldn't be complaining,I chose this for myself. It's my choice. I shouldn't be wallowing about it. Even though I complain,I don't regret it. Yeah,that's how deep the feeling goes.

Mama came to our room and found me pacing around. She stood by the door watching me with an amused expression in her face. I stopped and greeted her,my mind far from reality.

"Ikram." She called. I turned and she now had a worried expression on her face. "I've been calling your name for the past three minutes. What's wrong? Is it about Adnan?"

"I'm sorry mama,I'm just nervous going out with him."

She smiled. "I've been in your shoes Ikram and I know how it feels. If you're this nervous on meeting him,how are you going to cope with marriage and all? Just take a deep breath and calm down."

I nodded and took a deep breath then exhaled. All mama said was true but it reduced my nerves with just a bit. Why am I even overreacting? I squared my shoulders and gave mama my most brightest fake smile. I know she didn't believe it,heck I don't believe it myself but what can I do.

"Ikram,I'm your mother. You can't lie to me. Now go and start getting ready before he comes and you keep him waiting." With that,she left the room and I plopped myself on my bed. There's still time,I told myself and then I drifted off.

***

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and saw that it was Adnan calling me. Holy shìt! I checked the time. It was 4:16pm. Wow,I really slept off and no one woke me up. I started panicking, I don't have time to get ready. Gosh!being a girl can be so freaking hard.

I picked the call and made salaam. He replied and asked if I was ready,told him I'm almost done. Said he'll be there in thirty minutes.

I jumped off my bed and opened my wardrobe. He said casual. I scanned,but nothing. I groaned frustrated. What am I going to wear.

I brought out two evening gowns and then called Khadija and Najmin to help me decide. Yup!Called the annoying siblings. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I brought out the first gown and showed them. It was a long red flay gown. The arms were sleeveless and if I had to wear it,I'd use a kimono. They both shook their heads in disagreement. I then brought out the second one. It was blue in color, sleeveless also but had a unique look. It had a bodice by the right hand side. It was simply lovely. They both nodded their heads and perfect,I've gotten a dress.

 They both nodded their heads and perfect,I've gotten a dress