Chapter Eight

Ikram's POV

Adnan's family were supposed to be here on Friday which is tomorrow but they probably won't make it. Zahra told me about Waleed's accident and I felt sorry for him. It had been two days and he was still in a coma. From what Zahra told me,Adnan was taking the accident really hard. He doesn't eat and he had been spending every single minute in the hospital. He hadn't left Waleed's side for a second. I really admired his loyalty to his friend. He must really mean a lot to him.

I get this crazy thoughts that I should be there for him. Wishing that I could share his pain. And whisper words of encouragement to him. But who am I kidding? I'm not even engaged to him yet. For all I know,he doesn't really care about me. Maybe I was just an easy target. It hurts me to have these thoughts wandering in my head. But I guess I should just look at the brighter side of it. Which is, I'll get a chance with someone I really like. I hope things would work out just fine.

My phone rang, bringing me out of my temporary reverie. It was Zahra. I picked up.

"Hey,how is Adnan doing?and how's Waleed?"

"Whoa whoa whoa, asking about the healthy person before the sick person and not even asking about me? Someone's whipped." I heard her chuckling.

My face turned a light shade of red."Uhm. .anyhow.How are you? And how's Waleed and Adnan?" I rephrased.

I could picture her smirking. "Well I'm fine since you asked."

She was clearly teasing me." Uh huh. That's good."

"If you insist,Waleed just regained consciousness and Adnan is as normal as he can get."

"I didn't insist and Ma sha Allah. How's he coping?"

"Who are you talking about,because I'm clearly confused." She said. Urgh this girl.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about." I said

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

We continued bickering before I gave up. She never gives up.

"You never give up,do you?" I said rolling my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"Girl,you know me. You shouldn't be asking that. Aha and back to the reason I called. Abba and Adnan are coming tomorrow."

"What?!" I didn't expect that. I thought they'll postpone it.

"You heard me.I'm so excited."

I'm far from excited.Don't get me wrong. I want this but who wouldn't be nervous when your future groom will come and you guys would be official.

"Oh okay." I said.

"Oh okay. Seriously? That's all you've got to say? You're unbelievable."

I laughed nervously. "What else do you want me say?"

"Nothing at all. Bye. See you tomorrow." She said and cut the call without bothering to hear my reply. She was pissed. She took things too seriously.

I went over to Mama's room to inform her of the latest progress. I found her sitting on her praying mat and reciting the Qur'an. I sat down close to her and waited for her to finish. When she was done she looked over to me and motioned for me to state what brought me.

" Mama dama Zahra just called me. She said they're coming tomorrow." I said with my head lowered.

"I thought you said they'll postpone the meeting because of Adnan's friend."

"She said he regained consciousness today so they'll be able to make it tomorrow in sha Allah."

"Ma sha Allah. I'll inform your father."