Chapter Fourteen

"Are you really mad at me?" Luke said amusingly, a cheesy smile on his face.

Meredith rolled her eyes, but didn't give him a response, also known as the silent treatment. "Come on Mer, you were only under the water for a few seconds, you know I wouldn't have let anything happen to you," He cooed, and placed his hand on the exposed skin on her waist.

She sighed under his touch, "I know, " she frowned, "It's not that I'm upset about," she said.

Luke frowned, "Then what is it, babe?"

Meredith sighed again and reached up to store his cheek. She analyzed his beautiful face, not ever feeling like she was worth it, that he deserves someone better than her.

"It's just, what are we doing here Luke? I was just about to get married no less than two days ago. And now we're on my honeymoon, and not with my fiance. It all just feels rushed, like it's too much. I mean, what's going to happen to us when we go back."

Luke looked down at her, wrapping arms around her waist, his hands resting on her back. "Well, if you feel that way, maybe we can slow it down a bit. You know?"

"How are we supposed to do that? " She asked hopefully.

Luke shrugged his shoulders," I don't know, but I will do whatever I can to make you happy. And if you feel like you don't want to jump right back on it what we had, then we won't. I'll give you time to breathe."

Meredith cringed, "It sounds horrible when you say it out loud as if I don't want to spend time with you. But I do more than anything. Maybe after this trip, I'll take some time to sort things out. I still haven't talked to Ana since Thursday."

Luke nodded his head, "Yeah, me too, and maybe you should, I mean after everything, she is your mom. Even if she does a horrible job at it." Meredith laughed, and rested her head on his chest as he engulfed her in a hug.

"I don't deserve you," Meredith mumbled into his chest. "I don't either. But the universe seems to disagree with us," Luke said into her hair.

*

"She should have called by now, " Julie said as she paced back and forth in her bedroom. Her boyfriend sprawled out on their bed, him groaning at the fact that she wouldn't shut up.

" Babeeeee, can you relax, Mer will call when she's ready. They're probably fucking anyways" Michael mumbled.

"Is that all you ever think about, fucking? "

"Pretty much."

Julie sighed, "I'm sorry babe, I just hope she's alright."

"She will be fine. You fret too much, besides, she's with Luke and he wouldn't let anything happen to her. Those two are inseparable," Michael opened his arms to her, "Now come here."

Julie smiled softly and jumped into his arms, he rubbed her back, soothing her as they lay on their bed. "You know this bed is a technically Virgin," Michael wiggled his eyebrows.

"What now you want to fuck the bed?" Julie joked. Michael rolled his eyes, "You always ruin the mood."

"It's my job."

"You need to stop hanging out with Ashton."

*

Meredith and Luke spent the whole day shopping. Luke couldn't complain, because he was with Meredith, and that's all that matters. When they were finally done, they had bags upon bags, in which Luke spent his money to fill.

"I swear I will pay you back, once I get a better job," Meredith told him as they packed the bags into a taxi.

"Don't worry about it. Besides, I thought you and that job teaching at a preschool."

"Eh, I quit. The kids were too unruly and besides, you know I've always wanted to be a highschool teacher instead." Meredith said.

"Yeah, as if they are less unruly," Luke said sarcastic and Meredith laughed and punched his arm.

Luke pretends as if it hurt, letting out a groan and she rolled her eyes. "I thought they only time you wanted to hear me groan was from something else."

Meredith punched his arm again, "Can you stop with the innuendos?"

Luke winked, "I'm sorry, I can't, it's my style,"

Luke placed his hand on hers as they sat in the back of the taxi, she smiled down at their hands and placed her head on his shoulder.

"Do you, like, not want to be with me? " Luke asked quietly, his voice weaker than it was a few minutes ago.

" Of course I want to be with you, but I don't know what it is. I mean, we broke up five years ago, and now look at us. It just feels so surreal," Meredith mumbled.

Luke sighed, "Okay. You do know there isn't a model right?" he joked.

Meredith laughed, "Yeah, I knew that the first time you said it. You're a horrible liar."

Luke rolled his eyes but pulled her closer to him.

A few hours later, they were back in their bed. They were just lying around, eating junk food and watching TV, not really wanting to leave the bed again.

"So when we get back? Don't you think we should be together? " Luke's voice cracked. After they watched movies, Luke thought to bring it up again, it was weighing heavy on his mind and he couldn't let it go.

Meredith sighed," That's not what I'm saying. It's just, we are spending this entire vacation together, and were not even back together. We're trying to work things out, but I think we should get some space from each other. And where is this coming from, I thought you agreed?"

" Me too. Look, I'm sorry. It's just I've missed you Mer. And these past five years have been hell, and I just want to make up for them," Luke turned away, trying not to show her his wet eyes.

Meredith walked over to him, she reached up and locked her arms around his neck, she took his chin and moved it so they were eye to eye. "We will. Let's just take this slow, we have all the time in the world. We're different people than we were then. Don't you think we need time to adapt to all the changes that have been happening?"

Luke nodded, "You're right-" he took a deep breath, "-I love you"

Meredith smiled, "I love you."