XXXVIII

XXXVIII

The Luxury

        Black suits and dark shades. Men stood behind me, behind us, in the elevator as we headed up to the fourth floor. The cryptic shine of the elevator walls provided a clear reflection of them, showing their stiff posture. Their lips were pursed into a straight line and their hands were folded in front of them. They offered only silence.

Standing beside me, Axel De Bastardo fiddled with his phone in his hands. His dark hair had been tossed back, and his eyebrows furrowed slightly as he looked down at the lit screen. His calmness irked me.

Angered me.

This was his fvcking fault. He was the reason for everything. Fvck, he caused global warming. That's how pissed off I am right now. If it hadn't been for him, I wouldn't have ever known the name De Donté or this cartel. I would have had a peaceful life.

My glare wasn't harsh enough, it couldn't have been, yet he knew I was staring at him. He felt it burning through his black leather jacket. I knew he did because of his sigh of annoyance before he turned to look at me.

"Didn't I tell you to calm the fvck down?" he pushed his phone into his pocket and, as if the world was under his control, the elevator pinged and the doors slid open. Without another word, he walked forward, leaving his bodyguards to push me in his stead.

"Assh0le," I muttered.

One of the men behind me dragged me back by my hair, his snarl bouncing off my eardrums, "What did you say, bxtch?"

"Suelta a la chica," Axel's voice reigned from down the hall. Looking over at where he stood, I finally took notice of my surroundings. The walls were golden, complementing the oak wooden floors and the accents of brown that flowed horizontally. Yellow beams of light shone down, giving it more character. In the center of the hallway, a glass structure was mounted, creating a square that elevated with the entire building and enormous palm trees sprouted passed it. I had to admit, this was pretty luxurious and it this was just the hallway.

Axel disappeared and his men pushed me to where he stood. All my anger faded when I saw the apartment. Growing up with nothing but dull walls, it was astonishing to see so many bright colors packed into a room. It... it was beautiful.

My eyes explored the openness of it all

My eyes explored the openness of it all. The kitchen area was the first thing you saw as you stepped in, its pearl white aura surrounding you and pulling you closer. Silver appliances filled the tiny space, my reflection almost glaring at me in the hard light. A white wall in the center acted as a partition from the dining area, where a light wooden table was placed with white chairs.

I ran my fingers across the brick wall that laced my right side, watching in amazement as it ran across until it met the glass doors heading towards the balcony.