Chapter Nine

That evening Professor Snape had just left Dumbledore's office where he met with Minerva and Hagrid to discuss Ellie. Hagrid had agreed to help in anyway possible as Dumbledore knew that Madame Maxine would be only happy to help Hagrid. More so than Dumbledore himself.

Professor Snape had an inner conflict with himself for a while before biting the bullet and approaching the Gryffindor tower, 'I cannot believe I'm doing this.' he sighed as he stood outside and waited for the door to open. Which may very well have been a while as he did not know the password.

A 2nd year boy came bouncing up the stairs towards the door and Snape grunted to himself to see such glee in young boy, Something he never had.
"Mr Milner, could you please get Miss Fant for me? I would appreciate if you made it snappy." He drawled with his usual sarcasm. Bobby Milner headed straight inside and within a few minutes Ellie slunk out of the door.

"Follow me." Snape ordered, racing down the stairs at a great speed. Ellie followed him begrudgingly getting stuck on the stairs as they changed direction. "For heavens sake girl, I do not have all day." Snape growled as she left the final step. He swished through the corridor until he reached the spiral staircase and spun around, "I assume these stairs will not be too much of an issue for you?" He asked with a scoff.

Once down in the dungeons he rushed toward the potions classroom and Ellie followed on his heels, they went inside and Snape finally came to a standstill.
"I wished to talk to you privately Miss Fant, I hope that is ok?" He asked calmly, Quite a difference in tone from his narky attitude minutes ago.

"Yes, Sir." Ellie sighed, her eyes not leaving the ground. "I would like to apologise for what i said to you, it was uncalled for." He spoke plainly, hoping she would lift her gaze to his. "Apology accepted.. again." Ellie smirked, still staring at the floor uncomfortably. Snape brought his hand to her face and tipped her chin upwards, "you could at least look at me as you mock me Miss Fant." He smirked playfully, Ellie smiled when she finally saw warmth and humour in his eyes.

Professor Snape remained silent for a few moments as he took in the blue of her eyes, "Is there anything else?" Ellie asked politely. "No, but I want you to know that you can always talk to me.. about anything." He soothed, Ellie stepped towards him and hugged him, he was stiff and unable to move or believe what was happening, "Thank you, I really appreciate you being there for me." She smiled as she pulled away and walked towards the door. "Miss Fant?" Snape called out after her, "yes?"
"Nothing.."

'What just happened? She... hugged me?' He blushed, he was grateful to Hermione for giving him a good telling off, if she didn't he may not have ever felt the arms of the most beautiful witch he ever had seen wrap around him.