Ticci Toby; Father Figure {Part One}

This is before Toby became a creepypasta.

You set the grocery bags on the counter, a small smile on your face.

A while back, when Connie's husband started his train of abuse, she would sometimes have you to turn to for protection.

So now, while he's curently gone, probably drunk somewhere, you where living with them. You helped with bringing in income, watching Toby and Lyra when Connie had to work and just being there for them.

As the good father they never had.

Connie new that you were gay and completely excepted it when you had told her.
Which just made you all the better.

Lyra had opened up to you since she was just a little girl, and Toby..it took some time, but he still is a bit strange around you.

But, back to the story.

Toby wandered into the kitchen, standing next to his mother who was putting away groceries.

He had just gotten home from his last day at public school, his brown bangs brushed over one of his eyes.

"Sweetie, don't cover your eyes." Connie said, gently brushing Toby's hair out of his face, gasping when she saw the purple bruised that had yellow blended in.

Toby looked down at the floor, only to have his head tilted back up. "Who did this?" You asked, now standing beside Connie, inspecting the bad bruise.

"A kid at school.." he muttered, his neck muscles tensing before releasing.
You gave Connie a look and she shook her head. "___..don't." She murmured, knowing how overprotective you were over all of them.

Toby furrowed his brows. "Don't do what?" He asked, oblivious of what you were going to do if you got Connie's permission.

"Nothing, hun." She said softly, moving Toby's hair back into place. "I'll help clean him up." You offered, knowing that there were probably more cuts and bruises.

Connie nodded, knowing that could also mean you and Toby spending a bit more time together.

You placed a hand on Toby's back, guiding him to the bathroom where a first aid kit was.

¤¤¤

"They really did a number on you, huh." You said, patching up the last cut that was on his shoulder.
"I'm glad I'm the one helping you. Your mother would geek out if she saw this." You spoke.

Toby nodded. "Yeah, she would." He said, scratching at the back of his neck, his hand twitching.

"You've seem so distant lately." You said, putting the first aid kit back on the shelf. "W-what do you mean?" He said with his usual stutter, starting to get off the counter until you stopped him.

"When I first over in with you guys, you always seemed to be so much happier..and now you barely smile around me." You said softly, looking at Toby's chocolate brown eyes.

"I guess..i-its just that I've been thinking a lot.." He trailed off. "Like what would happen i-if dad came b-back." He said, biting his split lip.

You sighed. "Oh, Toby. Don't worry about that stuff. I'll always be there for you." You spoke, placing a hand on Toby's shoulder.

To your surprise, Toby wrapped his arms around your torso, hugging you tightly with his head buried in your chest.

"T-thank you..."

¤¤¤

You rushed to the hospital were Toby, Lyra, and Connie were, pulling into the parking lot and ran to the front desk. You told then who you were and sent you up to that room.