Level Horizon Author Notes

What follows herein is nothing more than my personal ramblings... basically a mess of thought vomit babble XD

SO...Horizon Stats (Again, a nod to Iron Rose for coming up with the name, you are wonderful):

Total Word Count: 179,617 (more than double the total for Pair)

Total Chapters: 37 (seven more than Pair)

Total Pages: 263 (nearly twice as many as Pair)

Longest Chapter: Kiyoko's Epilogue (16.5k words) by, like, 7000 words I think

Shortest Chapter: Year Thee 1-9 where Tanaka first meets Natsu at around 2000 words.

Chapters I struggled most with: Most of the last five and for sure the Epilogue, but those were probably more motivational issues than chapter difficulty. Lev's was hard to get right, and Bokuto's were rocky as well. Daichi's action chapter in the snake nest was a task, too, because of the pacing and research that went into it. Horizon in general was tougher to hash out than Pair because the story was a lot less fluid and bridging events was a challenge with the time lapses.

Chapters I enjoyed most: Any of Kei's (especially around kids) or Tobio's... and most any time Kuroo was being his awesome self. I liked Yachi's when Hina's wings finally emerged.

People with the most POVs: Iwa (4), and Kageyama, Suga, Tsukki, Tanaka, Kenma (all with 3 apiece)

Leveler Series Stats (Both Pair and Horizon):

Total Word Count: 262,232

Total Chapters: 67

Total Pages: 406

People with the most POVs: Kageyama (21), Shouyou (11), Suga and Iwa (4 each), Tsukki, Kuroo, Tanaka, Kenma (3 each)

I originally only had 30 chaps more or less planned for Horizon and started posting once I'd blocked out about 25 chapters. That would have satisfied my 80% completion rule just fine (30 days should be enough to finish the last five right?). Except it ended up being another 7 chapters on top of that, the eipilogue long enough to have been three, so I wasn't nearly as far along in the completion as I intended. Every chapter of Horizon took me probably two to three solid days to put together, sometimes more; contrast that to Pair where I was turning out sometimes two in one day.

Again, I must give a nod to Craziiwolf for her wonderful art that ignited this series into being. If you haven't wandered over to tumblr and checked out her account, you definitely should: http://craziiwolf.tumblr.com/. Like seriously, you are missing out. She has so many fascinating AUs, and if you look for the khwinged AU tag, you can trace her art back to the earliest ones in this AU that touched this Leveler series off for me. She is extremely gifted and her style is breathtaking.

In what inspired me to write the second installment? People asked about things like Natsu, Oikawa, do they ever go home, and when does Hinata get his wings back, which in turn generated more plunnies that all attacked me with a vengeance and you can only beat them back with a stick for so long. I had the world and characters all established after Pair, so it wasn't TOO hard to kick them into line for another round once I had something of a plotline (this was the biggest struggle for me with Horizon at first).

The live counterparts that I used for reference with each of the following characters:

Crows: Kageyama, Nishinoya, Azumane, Tanaka, Suwamura, Iwaizumi, Yamaguchi, Shimizu, Oikawa, Saeko, Ukai

Altamira Oriole: Shoyou and Natsu

White Ibis: Tsukishima

Grey Shrike Thrush: Sugawara