At risk

My nurse was outside waiting for me, and I went up to hug her, whispering "hey."
She was surprised, "Hi... how was your visit?"
"Nice, but I missed you. And fine, I'll stay, but only if you will."
"Why would I leave? This is my job."
"...I'm sorry, I didn't eat either, but because they wanted to fire you... and I couldn't let them."
She looks shocked. "Fire me? This is news to me.. they must not have told me yet.."
I hugged her again, nodding. "But you won't be now. It's because you teased me, but it wasn't your fault. You just thought I'd be a normal person and laugh. It didn't work cause I was kinda in a crazy moment, but it wasn't your fault."
"Sorry for not eating though, I didn't mean to...promise it's not poisoned," the Nurse began to respond, "It's pretty good too. We're not here to hurt you."
"Violet will be though."
"She's the one who put you here. She won't hurt you. The point of this place it to protect the patients."
"No... She put me here to suffer... But Ash didn't..." I sighed.
"She put you here probably because she thought you didn't want to be here."
I nodded, then smirked. "I didn't, till I realized she can't touch me here, even though I miss being home. It's still a bit scary but hopefully it'll get less and less."
"Mental hospitals had a bad reputation, but our intentions are pure and genuine. It isn't so bad here."
"Hopefully I'll see it." I yawned, and then hugged her again. "Thank you though, even after what I've done, you're still trying to help too."
She smiled, 'It's my job."
With that, she escorted me back to my room, and asked if I needed anything.
"You to stay around."
She pulled up a chair by the hospital bed and sat in it.
I smiled at her, "Thanks, but sorry. It's scary here alone."
"It's alright. You aren't the only one to say that. Alone is all I've known with rooms lately, so..."
"Before I was here, Violet had me locked away in a dark room just with myself." I whispered quietly.
The Nurse frowned at that, "Sounds scary... how did you come to know the princess anyways? Not many people just happen to befriend her."
I sighed once more. "I was human then... About 5-6 years ago at a human B-day party, and I got close to her. She hated the same person who wanted me to suffer. But apparently Violet befriended me so she could make me suffer, and also protected me for a different reason."
Biting my lip, I continued on, "It's been crazy, But I guess it's been something I learned to adapt with, somewhat."
"But what about the other half?"
"Ash is a true friend." I smiled.
"Is she?"
"Yes, very much so. She's the reason why I'm alive. Even when she tried to make me eat by showing me it wasn't poison. I freaked out, thinking I was going to lose her because it was poison in my eyes, even thought it wasn't in others."
"So that's what that was..." The Nurse mumbled out.
"I was scared she was going to die on me and I'd be stuck here, never seeing her again."
Suddenly, though, I wondered where Ash went to that morning. But soon started talking again.

"Sorry about attacking you... I started thinking how Violet was going to force me here and I lost reality for a while there."
A purple lamp stood in the corner of my room.
"Its okay, I've been through worse with other patients."
I looked at the thing in shocked, as thoughts came to mind.

No.. no.. this can't be happening...
..Unless.. it's still Ash..
...Unless it's Violet...
But.. wow, it's been years since she did this...

"Um. Can you please stay here?"
"Of course." She responded calmly.
"How, uh, long have you worked here, by the way?"
"8 months."
"Wow, what happened to your other patient?"
"He released himself."
"Was he older than me or? But, ah."
"He was 22."
"You miss him ever, or?"
While she responded, I petted the purple lamp for a moment and layed back down.
"He's been gone awhile. I've been doing janitorial work until we got a new patient."
"Oh, wow, " I responded, smiling, "well, I'll be here for who knows how long."
"Well, until you're better."
"You're forced to leave?"
"Yes, only so we can leave for patients who need to be here. It's like a regular hospital, you leave when you're not sick anymore."
"Oh.." I nodded.
"Yeah. My other patient wasn't better completely. But he left."
"Oh..." I wiped my tears, nodding once more.
"What's wrong?" The Nurse asked.
"I'm just scared and upset at myself..."
"Why?"
"I'm letting you and that doctor in. And then, if I'm forced out...It'll be like.. I lost... But then like, I see you everyday. And it'll be... My fault for trusting or getting to feel okay being here.."
"No need to worry. Remember, you'll be better then. It won't feel that bad." She said, trying to reassure me.
"It will... I'll be used to having you around." I smiled, "No need to worry, besides, you can always visit. I hope they'd let me see you." I yawned a little.
"You tired?"
"A bit, yeah. But too paranoid and anxious to sleep."