Ella

It was the summer of 2014, I was looking for love and she was too. These insecure children found themselves on an online playground and before they knew it, they were more than strangers.

She lost her father figure 3 years after she existed and I never had one till I turned 15; We were the perfect story. After moments of heartfelt statements and overly expressed insecurities, I can comfortably say that we fell in love. Little did we know that we would fall in and out of it for a while. "Call me on the phone and tell me you love me." The only person I could talk on the phone with then. She made my principles an irony.

Pet names and emojis was all we needed, we tried to meet without a doubt but the sounds of loud Nigerian music and wild Jamaican dances was the closest I ever got to her face that year. .

'Twas a 50-50 thing, till we got distracted for 3 months. "She got childish, I got mature." My thoughts at the time. So in the  African winter of 2014, I broke her to bits but she kept loving.

The Easter of the next year we saw faces for the first time but we could touch fingers, she was the perfect model, I was the perfect singer. But soon, we grew distant.

On another African winter, exactly a year after grown distance, we met for the first time and that day came our first and last. She tried to act strong but I couldn't help but he weak, so I took her up the stairs with my nerdy glasses and a baseball hat, I leaned in as she grabbed my cheek, away my glasses went and then came my first lip lock, we went on for a while as the tension built up, my fingers feeling her undies and hers all over my torso. After the unrecorded time, she drifted and so did I.

Never have we seen since then

Do I still love her?
No, but you never stop feeling something.