Chapter 04 - Princess of the South Winds

Sayuri slept mildly through the night.  It was a better sleep than she had achieved during the past year.  With Sasuke there, she felt more at ease.  At seven, she became restless.  Sasuke grumbled in his sleep as his pillow began to move under him. 

Remembering that it was a school day for the sleeping boy, Sayuri smirked inwardly as she moved her tail so that a few of the long strands covered his nose.  His hand attempted to swat away the annoyance while he slept.  After a minute of this, his eyes opened groggily to glare at the tail that was acting as his blanket. 

“It’s seven in the morning, what is wrong with you?”  The young boy swiped a hand across his nose one last time before sitting up. 

A rough tongue was swiped across his cheek after he let out a drawn out yawn.  The boy jumped up in horror and tumbled off the bed.  His onyx eyes glared at the laughing blue ones that watched his sleepy movements.  Narrowing his eyes, he attempted to tackle the large animal in his bed.  Sayuri took the boy’s momentum without budging. 

Seeing her opportunity, she managed to end up pinning him to the bed with a large paw.  The same rough tongue messed his hair up even more before she jumped away with a wolfish grin on her face.  When she tried to run out of the room while in her wolf form, she found it impossible to fit her large form through the doorway.  Without hesitating, she shifted into her human for with pajamas on and darted through the house to the couch. 

“Sayuri!”  A furious Sasuke growled as he skid to a stop in the living room.  Said woman ducked behind the back of the couch.  “I know you’re back there!”  His voice drew closer to the couch.  When he peered over the couch, he was met with open space. 

“I’m not back there.”  Sayuri chuckled from the front door as her hand landed on the metal as she prepared to head back to her apartment.  She turned the handle and opened the door enough for her to squeeze through when a pair of arms around her waist pulled her attention back to the Uchiha. 

“Thank you.”  Sasuke looked up at the woman with a small smile before he stepped back.  “Will you be able to train with me later?”  The boy stumbled over his words briefly before she could leave. 

“We will have to see.”  She hoped to be able to train with him, but she didn’t have the say in her missions. 

***

“Back so soon?”  Sarutobi questioned in amazement when the geisha stopped in front of his desk. 

“I have nothing better to do.” 

“Clean your house already?”  The woman smiled and nodded stiffly, proof that she had forgotten that small detail.  “Good, I don’t need an escort on any of the requests received.” 

Escorts were reserved for top priority missions only, such as for royalty or extremely wealthy business men that would afford the steep addition of the geisha and needed the safety net.  Sayuri had yet to run into much trouble while she was escorting said people.  A team of Jounin would usually be paired with her.  At the end of the mission, their memories, including the client’s, were cleared of the young woman. 

“Any other assignments?”  The only other kinds of assignments she would receive were assassinations or testing of Genin before the Chuunin Exams.  The next Exam would be in a good five months.  Sasuke, hopefully, was going to be one of the rookies to try the Exam. 

“Just observation for today.”  Sayuri nodded in understanding.  ‘Observation’ was when she would sit in the corner, as a geisha or small animal, and listen in on the mission assignments and such.