Chapter 3: Feelings

P.O.V: Erza

In the midst of the battle, Lucy drew my attention for the amount of spirits she had summoned.
I saw Loke, Virgo and Aquarius. Three of the most powerful and at the same time, but there was something wrong, my eyes went to Lucy to find her unconscious on the floor.

I shifted my look towards Gray and Natsu, "BOYS! what happened to Lucy?!" I shouted worried.

"What?!" Gray asked me without knowing what was going on, "What do you mean?"

"Fuck!" I said desperately as one of the monsters addressed the unconscious Lucy to eat her.

I started running as fast as I could to get to her.

I won't be in time! I thought desperate.

The monster was already close enough to touch Lucy with its teeth.

I can't let this happen! I won't let another person I love die in front of my eyes, I owe it at least that to Simon.

I thought but the reality was very far from that.

One of the monster's fang had already pierced the left leg of the blonde.

"LUCYYYYYY!" I screamed in agony.

I closed my eyes to hold back the tears while I was still running.

I opened them again ready to see Lucy's body destroyed, but instead, I saw Natsu being pierced by the monster's teeth.

Lucy was safe.

But I was in shock.

The image of Natsu being pierced by the teeth of a beast.

I fell on my knees to the ground.

I heard Gray yell the name of Natsu.

And then an immense pain took me out of my state.

My eye.

The "hand" of one of the monsters had thrown me away, embedding one of its claws into my right eye.

The same eye I had lost in the Tower of Heaven.

This pain brought me bad memories, things I didn't want to remember.

I felt blood in my mouth that made me react again.

I have internal wounds? I said in my mind.

No, it was blood coming from my eye, or rather.. where my eye wasn't.

I re-equiped bandages on my hand and put them around my wound to stop the bleeding.

Then I re-equiped into my Tenrin No Yoroi armor to defeat as many monsters as I could with a single attack to create an opportunity to escape from there and treat Natsu and Lucy.

But for my luck, there weren't too many left, so I defeated all of them.

I ran where Gray, Natsu, and Lucy were.