Chapter 5: Armored Heart

P.O.V: Erza

After being stopped by a person who was vomiting outside of Magnolia, I kept running to Lucy's house. I delayed about five minutes to get her home.

Lucy will be here, I know

*Tock-Tock* I knocked the door.

"..." No response.

I didn't think twice and I shoot down the door, but instead I felt like something shoot down me.

I looked into the room and all of Lucy's stuff were gone.

It was just an empty room.

She left?

I felt a lump in my throat, sensations in my stomach that I had never experienced before.

Lucy left.

My breathing stirred. It seemed that my weight multiplied and I fell defeated on my knees.

That's when I realized that wearing armor didn't stop my heart from being attacked. Attacked by Lucy.. or rather, by the absence of Lucy.

I covered my face with my hands in the attempt to stop my tears. But I couldn't stand it and I let out a gasp full of suffering and pain.

"Lu-Lucy.." I stuttered between gasps.

I couldn't breathe, all I did was gasp and I couldn't stop it. My eye was full of tears that came to my mouth making me feel a salty taste.

I lay down on the floor carrying my knees to my chest, circling them with my arms. I tried to calm myself, to breathe properly, to get out of the panic I was in.

Lucy left me.

***

After crying and getting myself together, I went to the guild to try clear a little my mind from Lucy.

Now I'm wearing a patch in my right eye.

I have to go to Porlyusica and ask her if she could "fix" my eye

I was sitting in the bar waiting for Mira to serve me my strawberry cake when a bluehaired girl sits next to me waiting for me to look at her, but I didn't.

"Hi Erza." She greeted me cheerfully.

"Hey Levy." I said a little serious.

"How's it going?"

"Mmh.. Actually, I don't know." I sighed.

"It's about Lucy right?" She suddenly said.

I turned to see her in surprise.

"What?" I asked to Levy.

"I know you have a thing for her.. I noticed." Levy tells me.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You know.. that you have a crush on her.. you like her right?"

"Levy stop, why are you saying all this?" I ask confused.

"Because I've seen how you look at her or how you react when Natsu is close to Lucy, it's pretty obvious.. I don't know how Lucy hasn't noticed."

I have feelings for Lucy.. in a loving way?

"I-I don't know what to say.." I said looking away with a little embarrased.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She said touching my shoulder.