Chapter 1

THIS BOOK CONTAINS A FEW CHOICE OF WORDS THAT MAY NOT BE FOR CHILDREN PLEASE DO NOT READ IF UNDER THE AGE OF 13 BASED ON TRUE EVENTS

It all starts in high schooll. My name Bria Richards. I'm 10th grade. This grade was worst then I thought it would be.Last year I thought I had got rid of the drama already. HIghschool is pure hell. I have three best friends Vanessa, Pria, and Matilda. It's the middle of January in 2014 today is the 14. At this time we were at recess and lunch which is usually an hour long. At the end of recess we sit in the lunchroom for five minutes before we go back to class again. I currently have a boyfriend his name is Derrick. He is the sweetest, nicest, most respectful person I've dated.

Today was the day when that one boy that every girl has that she knows is bad for her comes to me.

We were at lunch eating talking about people, gossiping, and checking Instagram. As my pretend sister JoAnn (we call her Joy for short) walks over she dances over happily.

"Why so happy joy?" I ask curiously.

"We have a new student in our class, we haven't seen him yet but I hope he's cute!" I frowned at her.

"How do you know it's a boy if you never seen em yet?" Joy looked up and took in what I said then shot me that look like "you just killed my vibe"

I shrug my shoulders and turn to Vanessa. Vanessa transferred to our school this year. She's looking at her old friends Instagram.

"Can I have some sour patch kids?" I ask she looks at me with one eye brow cocked up like "like you already know I don't likesharing". I knew though especially when it comes to candy.

Finally the recess supervisors yell out to us that we can go to recess everyone rushes out of the cafeteria to the gym since it's currently winter we don't get recess outside. We have recess mixed with the the 11th and 12th graders. JoAnn was in 12th grade so it was obvious the new kid would be in 12th grade as well. Most of the kids in her grade rush and push hoping the new kid would already be at recess. You could tell he was there by the swell of teenagers crowding in a corner. My friends and I always sit by the mats, talk, listen to music, and play volleyball.

" I wonder who the new kid is?" Matilda says

"You guys want to go over and see if we can see him?" I ask.

    They all shrug saying no thanks i frowned and walked away as I tell them suit yourself i'll be back. I know every single face in the school so I know a new face when I see one. I know I won't be able to get to the crowd to see him so i go over to the gym bleachers and stand on the highest bench. I look into the swarm hoping he'd be in the middle and easy to spot. When I finally get tired of scanning the crowd i start to get down but then I saw him. I quickly stood back up trying to not be noticed by many of the older kids (most of them are bitchy and annoying as hell).

He's tall maybe 2 inches taller than me , he is light skinned like coffee with cream, he has a little Afro but more curly rather than packed with nappy hair, he's skinny like me, his teeth are straight and white. The one flaw i saw was his eyes it looked as if he had eyeliner on. Joy noticed me looking and saw the way I was looking. She instantly ran over to me and I instantly ran and jumped down the bleachers as fast as possible to try to run away but she is fast as hell. She catches up to.

"ohh kill em you know you like him!" she taunts.

"And you don't?" i reply

  She shakes her head with a disgust expression over her face.

"No he ugly as hell!!" she yelled "Damn! you bogus as hell for that!" I say to her.

I hadn't realized it was 1:30 already we had 30 minutes left. I watched the new kid as he acted completely normal and comfortable playing basketball with the other boys. Time past by while I sit with Vanessa and Matilda explaining to them what the new kid looked liked and about Derrick. After we were done talking we decided to play volleyball to past time(we were on the volleyball team). I asked if i could be on the left side so that way I could see the new kid. Looking and thinking about the new kid I completely forgot about Derrick. Now it's 1:50 and time to go the lunchroom again for the next 10 minutes. As we walk i see my pretend brother Martin. He's in my class.

"Hey Martin, do you know the new kid name?" I ask as a point at him being only 4 feet away.

Martin knew me all to well therefore he already knew why i wanted to know the new kids name.

"Ohh you know you like!" he says as he playfully elbows me as we walk through the crowd. I just walk without paying attention not taking my eyes off him.

"Hello yoohoo earth to Bria!" Martin says as he waves his hand in my face taking me out of my trance. My thoughts of him fade as Martin distracts me and says

"You have a boyfriend remember Mr.Poetry." Martin always called Derrick names and teased him. Such as calling him Mr.Perfect or Mr.Poetry. Mr.Poetry came from how he always writes me love letters making me feel special.

"Anyway his name is Amir." Martin says as he shakes his head sort of disapproving of me taking a liking to the new kid.