Untitled Part 10

IM SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG :'(
also, this book hit 1000 reads (which is basically 100read per chapter) but still thank you:)))))
ROSE

***************************************************************

Natsu pov.

Well shit. I thought as lucy handed me another stuffed animal she had won for me. Why was she so impressive. She had the looks the brain and the athletics.

She had won 5 games and I was currently holding the fish, a penguin, a dog, a pig and she just handed me an octopus.

"I can't possibly take these all home," I said.  She ml looked at the animals and to the octopus back. She turned around and knelt t tapped the shoulder of a small boy behind her. He looked up at her and she knelt down.  She haded handed him the toy. He smiled so big I thought his face would split in half.  She said some things and then the boy walked off. She did the same thing with the pig and the fish. Then took the penguin for herself.

"There you go on for me and one for you" she smiled

God, she was pretty and kind. How was I to live? Her dress was beautiful on her. She practically glowed in the carnival lights. She grinned at me. I smiled back

"Well, any more you want?" She asked

"I didn't want any to begin with," I grumbled, "I wanted to win you something." I frowned

"Sorry" she shrugged. I rolled my eyes but then smiled at her.

She suddenly yawned

"Tired?" I asked

"No of course not...."I gave her a look. She gave me a guilty look," yeah but I don't want to leave."

"Understandable,  lets..." I look around and my eyes lock on something. "....Ride the Ferris wheel." Her eyes lit up and she smiled wide.

"Yes," she grabbed my hand we ran over. There was almost no line so we got on quickly. We had to leave the stuffed animals but that was ok. We got into one of the seats together and the ride started. We were looking around as the ride lifted us to the top. It was magnificent looking down on all the blossoms as they glowed in the moonlight.

"This is kind romantic," I said under my breath but just loud enough that I hoped she heard. I looked over at her to find she was already looking at me. Maybe it was my tiredness or maybe it was the look in her eyes that told me she heard and agreed, but I suddenly had a burst of courage.

I took a deep breath.

"Lucy" I began. I looked her dead in the eye. " I know we haven't known each other for very long. Heck its only been 3 weeks but I really feel like I've gotten to know you during this time. Your kind, a smart, and beautiful, and I like you. You might not like me back and that's ok but just thought you should know."

I took in the look on her face. She was what I think was shocked. I know she wasn't expecting it I mean I wasn't expecting it.

She opened and closed her mouth a couple times before she spoke. It was almost a whisper," I think...I think I like you too"

It was my turn to look shocked. I honestly expected any other response besides that one. The ride started again and we just stared at each other.

The ride stopped and we got off. We picked up our stuffed toys.

"Do you want to.," I said pointing the gate

"..yeah sure"

The walk back to lucys house was almost completely silent.  He occasional cricket was not helpful. We finally arrived and she looked at me and smiled.

"I had fun"

"Me too" she suddenly got close then got on her tippy toes and kissed me. Just barely brushing my lips but it was there. She pulled back smiled softly at me. She had a pink tint to her face. But I was sure that I was bright red.

"Bye," she said going to her door and slipping inside. I just stood there for a little awestruck.

I can't believe that just happened. I suddenly brought my hand to my lips and felt them as if the held evidence that that kiss was real. I could still feel the brush of her lips on mine. I finally took my hand away and turned around to make my way home.