Chapter 4

Natsu pov.

I had been waiting for 15 minutes in front of the school. Lucy still hasn't arrived. Did she forget? Did I get here early? I kept taping my foot and checking my watch. I probably looked impatient but I didn't care. I glanced at my watch once more. It was 2:35. School had only ended 5 minutes ago so I guess I was kind of early. A chill ran down my back and I shoved my hands in my pockets. I was mid-November so it was cold enough that you needed a jacket but warm enough that it still hasn't snowed.

"Hey Natsu, I'm here." Lucy shouted. She was jogging, still pulling on her coat. She stopped in front of me and finished buttoning her coat up.

"Sorry, were you waiting long?" She asked true concern showed on her face.

"Nah, its fine" I brushed it off. "So.... You ready to go?" I asked awkwardly.

"Sure" She shrugged.

I started to walk in the direction of my house. Lucy followed in suit. This time I wasn't in a rush so I walked at a speed she could actually keep up. We walked through the streets of Magnolia. My house was 15 or so minuets from the school so I walked instead of driving or renting a bike. I glanced over at Lucy a few times every time I did she looked like she was thinking. I wonder what she was thinking about. It wasn't long before we arrived at my house. I didn't live in a big house but it was just fine for me. I Didn't tend to have guests so this was a rarity. I usually worked alone on projects because I hate working in groups, (but it was Lucy's first day so I figured it could be nice) that and....

"Welcome, to my lowly residence" She giggled at my cheesy remarked as I fished out my house key. I jammed the key in and opened the door for her. Not even two steps in the door we were attacked by a tiny ball of blue fur.

"HAPPY! Be good we have a guest." I shouted. I scooped the little guy up and held my tiny blue cat in my arms. He nuzzled my arm. And I heard Lucy say aww.

"Happy, Lucy. Lucy, my cat Happy" I introduced them to each other. She began to pet the cat and Happy began to purr. She sat her bag down and I handed her the Purring cat who Lucy continued to lovingly pet. Happy happily (Authors Note: HAHAHAha ha ha.... ha I'm so funny, I should be a comedian) curled up in her arms. I picked up her bags and led her to my living room and sat down her bag.

***

Lucy pov

Natsu left to go change. I sat on his couch with his cat dramatically laying across me as I pet him. By time Natsu returned Happy was asleep. Natsu walked in wearing jeans, a "Green Day" tee-shirt, and a laptop sat under his arm

"K let's get started" He sat down next to me and opened up the laptop. I quietly skootched towards him. He notest and smiled at me.

***********************************************************************************************

Natsu pov

"Done" I said slamming the laptop closed.

We finished the project. it took a while considering it was about 6 o'clock when we finally finished. I thought Lucy was asleep. Happy had left her lap and was most likely lying on my bed now. She was next to me, her eyes where closed and she was breathing deeply but to my surprise she opened her eyes and looked at me. I felt my heart go 1000 times faster. Me and Lucy smiled at each other. I suddenly heard a growl come from her direction. She turned bright red and placed her hand on her stomach

"Hungry?" I laughed

"I guess I am" she said still bright red.

"I'll be right back" I left and warmed up some leftover spaghetti from the other night I returned and a