Chapter Four

Mark slept peacefully through the night, waking to the sun shining through his window and onto his eyelids. With a yawn, he blinked his eyes open groggily. With a groan, he sat up and wiped his eyes with his hands. Was last night just a dream? If so, it was a very odd one. But once his eyes fell upon the sleeping figure in the jar, he knew it wasn't. Leaning in, he took a closer look at her. Her semi-attractive body figure, long brown hair, and worn out shirt and pants. 

Rising to his feet, he stretched his arms out and moved the book off the top of the jar and just snatched the glass container up, shaking it just enough to wake up his tiny thief.

Ellie felt a sharp movement, feeling herself being tossed around and woke up with a small scream, pressing her back into one of the sides of the jar and stared into the human's face fearfully. Tears welled in her eyes once again as his massive eyes watched her, and she turned her head to avoid looking at him any longer. 

"Well, thief. " Mark said with a smirk, seeing her quite visible fear. "I see you were sleeping peacefully. How do you sleep peacefully knowing you steal?" He asked with an arched brow and headed out of his bedroom, jar with her in his hand.

Ellie flinched at his loud voice, pressing herself even further into the jars side. "I-I." Her voice failed her and she squeaked once again. Shutting her baby blue eyes tightly, she swallowed the lump in her throat as she fought back more tears and a sob. "I-I only took w-what I needed to s-survive! I-I swear! P-Please, don't h-hurt me!"

Looking down at her, his eyes widened at the color of her eyes. Bringing the jar up to eye level, he looked over her small body once more. It was then he got a crazy idea but decided to keep it to himself just a tad longer.  "Maybe I will, maybe I won't." He said with a sly smirk. Now he knew he wouldn't harm her too badly, but she doesn't know it.

She continued to tremble as he eyed her, to her he was like a lion eyeing his prey. Although, he had beautiful chocolate brown eyes. It practically shocked her but she quickly looked away when she felt the heat rising in her cheeks. He was human, after all, they can't be trusted.

Placing the jar on the table, Mark watched her before he turned his back and pulled a metal pan off the top shelf. "I hope you like pancakes thief! If you've never had them then you're about to." He said with a light chuckle and placed the pan on the stove burner. 

Ellie's fear turned into slight confusion as the human spoke. Was he offering food to her? Why? He seemed so cruel to her, why would he want to give her food now? She opened her mouth to ask but buttoned her lips as she decided against it. But she didn't like that nickname she's been given, it made her feel like a bad person but she still didn't want to speak.

As Mark began to make the pancake batter, he now and then glanced to the jar holding the tiny woman. "So thief. I want to make you a deal." He spoke in a tone to show he was serious, but also while trying not to scare her too much again. He needed her.

Now hosting a very confused look, Ellie looked way up at the human as he stirred batter in the bowl. "A-A deal...?" She stuttered out, playing with her brown hair, twirling it around her fingers as she ran through what he could want in her mind. Take her to a lab? Make her some sort of pet? Her sky blue eyes widened, for she was no pet to anyone no matter what.

"You're a pretty girl. Not my type of course, but you're definitely modeling material." A smirk crossed his face as he glanced over his shoulder to the girl. "So I'll tell you what. You can stay here, live in the walls and 'borrow' and whatnot, but only if you be my new model. No one has to know what you are besides me and my assistant Rosemary. She's a kind soul, don't worry." Humming softly, Mark knew that she would accept. She needed a home after all.

Eyes widening in shock, she looked over her arms and body. She didn't ever feel like she could be anything more than a thing to humans. A slight bit of hope sparked in her at this. Maybe she could become a famous model and always be able to stay a secret! Without even thinking it through completely, she looked up at the human with an excited smile. "Yes!" 

When she realized how quickly she answered, she buttoned her lips and lowered her head, wrapping her arms back around her legs. "I-I mean-" Before she could continue, the man cuts in.

"You already agreed, it's said and done. Monday morning, you and I will head to my office at the studio and we will begin." Mark grinned slyly, finding it easier to control her than he thought. This might be fun. "Now, how much pancake do you want?"