Chapter 5

Laxus's expulsion drew mixed reactions throughout the guild. Some were happy to have him gone. Others felt he deserved a chance to redeem himself.

In spite of all of this, the Master's decision was final. He wouldn't be lifting Laxus's banishment any time soon, but that fact only seemed to add to the pain.

No one grieved for Laxus more than Makarov and (F/n). The guild's activities continued like normal, but in private, the Dreyars mourned bitterly.

(F/n) decided to stick around for a while in order to support his uncle through this difficult time. He even chose to stay with the Master for the first few days after the Battle of Fairy Tail had ended. 

Gradually, the tragic event fell into the past. The Master's health had returned, and he seemed to be coping emotionally. 

(F/n)'s own heart took a bit longer to heal. He tried to stay positive and upbeat around his friends, trying hard to create the image that everything was fine. 

Despite his efforts, though, few were fooled. Mirajane, especially, saw right through his facade. 

She didn't push him though. Instead, she was just there for him, always offering a smile and a listening ear whenever he needed her. 

With her help, even (F/n) began to make strides.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/n) sat at a table with Elfman and Levy, lost in thought. He'd now been in town for nearly a month, and he was beginning to think about getting back to work.

His thoughts were interrupted as Mirajane reached over to place a beverage and plate of food on the table before him. "There! Your favorite!" she said proudly. 

(F/n) smiled as Mirajane wrapped her arms around his neck from behind and kissed his cheek. "Thanks Mira," he said softly. "You're the best!" He couldn't help but feel better about everything with her around. 

She beamed at him in response. "No trouble at all!" She let out a slight giggle. "How are you holding up?" she asked.

A confident smirk crossed his lips. "Really well," he said. "In fact, I've been considering taking a job request."

Mira seemed a little concerned about the idea, maybe even a little sad. "You sure you don't want to stay and rest a little longer?"

(F/n) chuckled quietly. "Don't worry," he reassured her. "I'll only take one job and be back before you know it."

Mira conceded. She really hated to think about him leaving again, but she knew she couldn't keep him cooped up in Magnolia forever. 

She put on a brave face and asked, "When do you think you'll head out?"