Chapter: 4

Olivia's POV
Finally, work day is over! I can go home and watch tv until sundown.
I make my way out of the tall office building, and into the streets. Putting my fingers to my lips, I whistle loudly, getting the attention of a vacant taxi.
---------------------TIME SKIP---------------------
I lazily unlock my apartment door and kick off my uncomfortable shoes. Sighing loudly, I wander to my bedroom and change into something more sleep appropriate. I sprawl out on the couch, remote in hand, I look at my recent recordings and settle on one my favorite television shows.
I wonder what it would be like to be like to the the the main character of a story. The person everyone goes to when there is some type of problem. I feel bad for them in a way, their character is often forced to live up to some crazy expectations. Their lives seem almost set in stone, like their fate is already decided by the universe. Huh, now that I think about it, that sounds like someone I know.
I pause the episode and shake my head, in desperate need of fresh air, I open my window and look outside on the city.  I've never thought of anything like that before.  I don't know if these thoughts are good or bad.  I need to get out of my own head, if that is even possible. 
"Hello, may I ask you a couple of questions?" I hear, pushing me from my thoughts.
Startled, I turn around and then out the window again and look from side to side, not a person in sight.
"Um, up here," the voice cuts in, I look up to see the man of steel once again flying over my window.
"What in all of time and space are you doing here?!" I say, voice dripping with anger and annoyance.
"I came to check on you, I was concerned," he says hands up in defense.
"Ok, well, thank you. I'm flattered, but you should go." I answer rather awkwardly.
I don't want him around when I transform...again.
"I can't go, without having my questions answered." He returned smugly.
I let out a long exasperated sigh "Fine what do you want to know?"
"I'll start with the basics.  How long has this been happening?" The super hero questions still hovering out my window.
"Since I was born.  There are two ways to become a werewolf, get bitten or being born to one.  My mom is a werewolf, so naturally I am one too." I explain.
"Next question, what happens when you transform?"  He continues.
"Well this answer is a given, I become a rampaging, fuzzy, monster.  I will howl and attack anyone who attempts to get in my way.  That is what it is one the physical level, in more of a psychological sense, it is almost similar to an alter ego, not a different personality. Werewolf me, is like my anxiety side, bottled up until it pops open during the full moon."  I say, starting to more a little out of nervousness.
Superman nods slowly, I can only imagine what he is thinking at the moment, "This is the last question I have for now, how long do these last? If that makes sense."
"Well they last about two to three days each month, the first night is always the worst, it usually becomes easier from there." I answer quickly, I begin to pace back-and-forth.
Then my breath hitches,I begin to shake involuntarily.
It's happening!
I groan in pain, grabbing my stomach.  My vision begins to blur.  My head throbbing, I can feel my heart pulsing in my chest.  Then I collapse and fade into nothingness.