Chapter: 8

Olivia's POV
I pick up the phone, "hello?" I ask.
"Olivia? I need your help!" It's Lois Lane, I can hear in her voice she's been crying.
"Oh my God! What happened!?" I press through the phone.
"It's Clark, we're over!" She sniffs.
"What?!" I yelled into the phone, "Get over here ASAP!"
"Ok," and she hangs up.
Oh my God! Kansas what in the nine circles of Hell did you do?! I mean yes I'm very excited that you're single meaning I have a chance to really tell you how I feel without hurting my friend, but dumping Lois?! She was so sweet, beautiful, kind, and gentle, why dump her? Olivia! Stop thinking about you and Kansas, Lois needs your help! I have to get the necessary supplies for making Lois feel better.
I get up from the couch and in my kitchen, open the liquor cabinet, wine, whiskey, Devil's Springs Vodka, some Sunset Rum from who knows when, probably still good. I open my fridge and pull out some Coke, Cranberry Juice and the other necessary ingredients for cocktails, ya need something to offset all the liver killing.
Now to the important stuff I rummage through my freezer and found a couple cartons of ice cream, Fudge Ripple and Chocolate.
There is a rushed knocking on my door. Lois must be here already, I bound to the door and throw it open wide.
I don't see the Lois Lane I know, her once business prep clothes are all wrinkled, her black heels are dangling from her right hand, one heel broken. Mascara runs in long tracks down her cheeks, her hair is disheveled.
I pull her inside and she practically collapses in my arms. I've never been dumped before but her pain is so evident.
"Let's get you out of those clothes and into something more comfortable." I guide her into my room, and hand her an oversized sweatshirt and some leggings. When she's changed, Lois comes back into the kitchen, her face is now clean of make up too.
"What's all this?" She asks.
"I knew you'd need some major cheering up when you called so I took out the supplies" I grab a glass from the cabinet and make a Pearl Harbor Cocktail (Vodka, Melon Liqueur, And Pineapple Juice).
"Wait I want one! I definitely wanna forget what happened today!" Lois whines. I down my cocktail then grab another glass and make her one. I make myself another cocktail.
"Ok so did Kent say why he broke it off? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I just thought it would help if you got everything off your chest." I ask.
You're probably right, like always," Lois sniffs.
I stifle a giggle and pat the seat next to me on the couch. Lois sits down, and shifts comfortably in the cushions. Then she proceeds to tell me everything.
--------------------TIME SKIP--------------------
It's about 2am now and Lois and I absolutely wasted, well at least she is. We're watching something on the tv, I don't know what, and eating ice cream from the carton. I put my spoon down a take a sip of whiskey.
"Of course he's not that kid's dad! Why are we watching Dr. Feel at...2:05 in the morning?"
"Tell me something," Lois laughs and stumbles on her words.
"What?" I ask.
"Tell me something. This whole night I've done nothing but complain about Kent. I wanna hear about you." She says.
"Um...ok? What do you want to hear?" I answer.
"Something you've never told anyone else." She smirks.
Oh God, what do I say? I can't just tell her nothing! I could tell her... I mean she's so drunk she most likely won't remember anything that happened tonight. Ok, screw it, here goes my entire existence.
"I'm in love with Clark Kent. I was always secretly jealous of your relationship because I wanted to have that, just to be loved, romantically, and accepted by another." I confess, cringing at my own words.
Lois puts her hand on her chest, "Aw! Olivia! I can't believe you never told me! I love you! You don't need a worthless man to tell you how wonderful you are! If Kent doesn't see that then he doesn't deserve you!" she exclaims.
I don't know if it's the booze or how late it is, but I'm really touched by what Lois said. I have a feeling that wasn't the alcohol talking either. That thought brings a smile to my face.
"See there's that smile! I knew you'd feel better!" Lois says leaning into me now. I think shes had a little too much to drink.
I roll my eyes and laugh, "Come on Lois, I think we should hit the sack,"
"But I'm not..." she yawns, "tired". Only making me laugh more. I grab her arm and throw it over my shoulder, laying her weight on mine I carry her to my room. Because I'm living by myself, we're going to have to share a bed, but as girls I don't think that matters. I pull back the sheets of the right side of the bed, and hoist Lois in, and tuck her in kindly.
"Thanks mom," she hums subconsciously. I smile to myself and crawl into the left side of the bed, the bed is warmer than normal. It feels strange having someone else here with me. I haven't had a sleepover since high school, I miss that. With those old nostalgic memories in mind, my thoughts cloud and my body begins to feel heavy and I am welcomed into the arms of sleep.