Prologue

I was sitting on the floor along the outside of the gymnasium. It was the night of the winter dance and I just had the most embarassing moment that anybody could ever experience. After being rejected by Mr. Popularity, cheated on by my date, and the nasty, rude encounter with Ms. Popularity, I never wanted to show my face at school again.

The tears were just coming down. They wouldn't stop. Each time I tried to hold them in, more tears came down. I sniffled, hoping that they weren't so loud. They were just as loud as ever.

Suddenly, somebody was out of the door. I crawled into a mini hallway. It consist of many lockers. I covered my entire face, muffling the sounds of my cry.

"Leighton?" called the voice I have gotten used to over the past four months. The voice of Brett. The guy I hated, the guy I got rejected by. The guy whose smile I hate, the guy with the laugh I hated. The guy who made me fall in love with him, against my will. I tried not to, I promise I did.

But it failed. I couldn't keep away. I couldn't believe that he was actually the first guy I encountered when I came here. He was the only one who was nice to me. Except for when the rejection came. It hurt hard. Way harder than when I saw my date kissing another girl. Way more than when the most popular girl, Destiny, made fun of me and made me feel like nothing.

"Leighton, are you here? Come out. I'm... sorry." he said. He sounded really disappointed in himself. I continued to ignore him. He came to my corner and rounded it. He dropped down beside me. I leaned my head on his shoulder, soaking his shirt. He let me sulk in my misery.

-----------------------

That was a flashfoward, something that will happen, exactly like this. Hope you keep reading to that point and beyond :D

Cover made by: MidnightStarz <3;D