4. Adapting

Tally

 I pushed open the door and padded quietly through my room, stopping at  the bedroom. One bed only.  That meant...I wasn't sharing! Whoo! I did a little victory dance to celebrate, then dumped my bag at the end of my bed. I stepped out, closing the door behind me. Time to collect my stuff and grab my books. I stepped out into the hall with my envelope, fishing the two kes that hung on a string out of it and locking the door. I walked down the carpeted hallway and down the stairs again. I turned up out in the senior social area, turning down the hall towards the collection booth. I poked my head in the glass window where Mistie, my favorite secretary was sitting.  She was a plump borwn haired young lady of about 25 or so.

"Hey,Mistie!" I said. "Imma here to collect my pack and things." Mistie grinned at me, and reached over to where the small pile of boes was standing. She passed it over to me and I felt the heavy weight of my stuff inside it. I checked the recepit at the top and sighed. I couldn't read it.

"Things still not so great?" Mistie asked sympathetically. I nodded. "Percy working his ass off, along with mom to pay for everything, and I can't stay out of trouble for two minutes. I'm such a good person, doncha think?"

Mistie grinned at me. "It'll be fine, ou'll see." I smiled back and walked back along the corridor and up the stairs, passing room ten. Scarlette, my arch enemy, suddenly flew out. She stopped and eyed my clothes with an insulting eye.

"Still shopping in cheap-r-us?" She said snarkliy. I frowned. "Go die in a hole."