29. Muddled

I arrived back at the house with Calen at about eight o'clock.

Calen slipped my off his back and left me in the bathroom to get ready. I took off my shirt and stood there in my black cammi and skinny jeans. I took off my shoes and socks too, and bit my lip, deliberating.

I slpiied ou tof the bathroom and padded softly down towards a door from which sad violin music was spilling.I stuck my head in.

"What were you playing?" I asked Calen. He smiled at me.

"Theme from Schindler's list." He said, and put the violin on the bed. I stepped gingerly into the room and blushed slightly. "Umm...can I borrow a shirt? I have no clothes, and If I asked Alice, she'd probably put me in something lacy and black."

"I'm sure Jasper wouldn't begrudge you a loan." Calen said as he rifled through his drawers at human pace.

'Jasper's not you.' I wanted to say, but instead settled for "I didn't want to bother him."

 Calen came back over with a black silk shirt. I slid it on and buttoned it over my tank top before sliding off my jeans.

"Um, thanks." I said, and went to exit the room.

"Tally, wait." Calen said, and I could hear a sigh in his voice."Where are you sleeping?"

"I dunno. Couch?" I answered.

"Sleep in my bed, you idiot. I'm not going to use it."