8 - Fiona

Fiona's POV

Pushing the covers off of me, I yawned loudly, stretching my limbs. Swinging my legs over the bed I first glance at the door. Then look at my drawer where only I see the flash drive I hid there in a sock. Adjusting my t-shirt I go to the bathroom to clean my face and brush my teeth,

I stop to hear the door un-lock. Peeking from the bathroom I hear a knock, "Good Morning Fiona. Hopefully you're awake. I want to show you something." Seth tells me before it's silent. After finishing washing up I came out in a jumpsuit.

"You look great, pancakes?" He offered showing me the plate of pipping hot pancakes calling my name. I swallowed and refused, he frowned. "How about a muffin?" I refused again. He gives another sad look before preparing a plate anyway and setting in front of me. "Eat something now. I don't want you to be like Anna from 50 Shades of Grey with some eating disorder. Eat. Now."

Knowing he had a point I go ahead to eat everything on the plate, and it actually made me feel much better. And Seth again showed off a hint of a smile towards me before I caught him, when I did he went back to the cold stare. "What ever happened to me not asking questions?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't care at the moment. Come on, I have to show you something before I go to work." He tells me removing the apron tied around his waist. He leads me towards the back of the town house, the dining room is where the sliding door for the backyard that was huge.

It was this moment where I realized we're the only house facing the forest. We had no neighbors, and all he tells me is that, "I own a lot of land." I don't question it until I see silver shining in the distance. Between the daunting trees and the backyard we had was a barbed wire fence staked pretty high. Was he trying to keep something out? Or keep me in?

"I had this built while you were sleeping, since I'm leaving for hours I didn't want to risk you getting out or have Nate come in. So enjoy the town house, I'll be home by 7. If anything comes up I'll tell you." He begins to walk off when I stop him. "What if I need to call you? In case of emergencies or something?"

He gives me his business card...

"Uh, thanks?"

**

Throughout the day I watched TV, wrote escape plans on my computer, and made myself dinner. I didn't leave anything for Seth, I didn't even clean the kitchen for him either. I was sitting in the hallway enjoying the window encasing the big bright moon.

Breath-taking.

At the sound of a door opening I get to my feet and carry an empty bowl of soup to the kitchen to place on the mountain of dishes I had made today. "Good evening Fiona, wow something smells... is there any for me?" He questions putting down his briefcase and un-doing his tie.

"No." I say firmly turning on my heel as I head towards my room when I saw Seth block me from the hallway. I need to get to that flash-drive and my phone, I need my phone. "Why didn't you leave me any?"

"Because your mean to me, you don't make me happy, and you most certainly don't deserve a meal I make." I say honestly, avoiding his eyes I concentrate on the main goal. Grabbing my phone playing the recording, showing Seth the flash-drive with the proof. "I want to be alone now." He let's his arm drop and he stands there, a ghost of himself. He seemed really deep in thought, as if I made think super hard.

Never mind that I gotta get my blackmail- my bargaining chip to force Seth to let me go. It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I tell you! Genius I say!

*Insert Crazy evil Laugh... chokes at the end for comical relief*

Clearing my throat I grab the two items to yelp a bit at the sight of Seth who's propped up against the door frame watching me suspiciously

Clearing my throat I grab the two items to yelp a bit at the sight of Seth who's propped up against the door frame watching me suspiciously. "How long have you been standing there? Stalking me like that? Don't you know what your doing is weird right?" I stammer looking everywhere in my room except Seth Taylor. At last I just stared at my feet as if they were the most interesting thing... ever.

He sighed heavily before un-buttoning his jacket, "I had plently of time to think while I was washing dishes, drying them, and putting them away. Had more time to reflect while cleaning the counters, stove counter, island counter... to really understand what you meant earlier before coming in here."

Just show him the flash-drive, and play the recording. He must know who killed my husband, or he may admit to doing it himself. The more I look at him the un-human he appears, "And I hear what you're saying. Past your hostile nature, rude glares, and down right mean attitude I do hear what you're saying."

"And what is that?"

"You have 5 hours."

I blinked, forget the whole black-mail plan. What is it now? "Of what? 5 hours to do what?"

"Of freedom."

I scoff, "You're not a very funny man-"

"You have 5 hours of freedom, leave right now. I won't stop you, enjoy tonight. I want to make you happy. I realized while washing dishes you were cooped up in this house- even though you could've went outside- but you were stuck here all day. I would go stir crazy, that's why I'm giving you this time now."

"So I can go anywhere? And you won't stop me." He nods, giving me a strong confident look that compelled me to believe him enough to give a smile. Against my wishes, he gave that hint of a smile again. "See I can make you happy just like Nate." He comments before reminding me, 5 hours as soon as I'm out the door. The last words he said to me were, "You have my word I won't stop you."

I walked out of the room, locking it, going towards the front door past the living room where I see Seth watching TV. "There's leftover Steak... ya know if you want some."

"I ate it already, it was great. Thank you," He tells me before I smile at the back of his head. I go about leaving and once I'm outside. Nothing can stop me...

Nothing...

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N: Why do you think Seth let Fiona go? Where do you think Fiona is gonna go first? What she does instead might surprise you.