9 - Seth

With all the options I had:
~ Police
~ Nate
~ Nate
~ Police

None crossed my phone because I found myself panting, outside of the club called Vixen. the doors apart I slip into the busy club, shed my trench coat and reveal my backpack. If I'm only getting 5 hours better make it worth it.

Passing the bar, cheering old men, and the friendly bouncer Dave I'm in the back room where I'm happy to find Sapphire. "Hey girl haven't seen you in ages." We air kiss and real hug before we break apart. "You still work at that lab?" I whisper in her ear over the loud music. She nods before leaning back into my ear, "Could you perform a non-invasive DNA test on my baby in less than 5 hours?"

She pulls back shocked, blinking several times before shrugging her shoulders. "I can try," She tells me closing her locker and leading me out the back where her car is, we jump in and race over to the lab. The building was empty and closed, but Sapphire had a key.

We get in and she sits me down on a table, and I watch her prepare tools, turn on a few machines, and lastly put on gloves. "So you're a real legit doctor? Why are you a stripper?" She shrugs her shoulders sitting down on a chair between my legs. "It's a fun hobby I guess. Better than traditional exercise and I get paid for it."

When she put it that way it made a lot of sense, "My husband thinks it's a little weird but he doesn't stop me. He knows better," She chuckles before standing up. "Everything seems to be good. Let's get this DNA from the little baby, how long are you?"

"Umm not sure,"

She waves at me, "Don't worry I'll figure it out for you."

**

Arriving home at 3 in the morning I see Seth waiting for me. I'm shoved up the steps by the scary men he sent after me. "I thought you weren't gonna stop me."

"I said I- as in me-wasn't going to stop you. I said nothing about having one of my own go after you and bringing you back here. Seriously if you would stop tying the weave you wear on your head so tight more brain cells would enter your brain-"

Slapping him across the face I instinctively stand back. Screaming he shoves me against the wall, harshly. "I've tried to be nice, make you happy, but you don't make it easy Fiona. You. Don't. Make. It. Easy."

He was squeezing my arms too tight, pressing himself against me, crushing my body from all sides. It was hard to breath under his alcoholic breath. "I'm pregnant!" I shout as a desperate plea to get his drunk self off of me, and it works... too fast. All traces of drunkenness are gone, all traces of anger are gone, all traces of hating me are wiped away from existence.

"What?"

"That time Nate invited me to the party. You were there, giving me the tour of your Parents estate I remember following-or seeing you down a hallway." Seth wipes his nose to simply reach out and grab his gun. "And you think the baby is mine?"

"Well Nate believes it-"

Seth shoots the weapon above my head causing me to collapse to the ground and cry hysterically. Shivering in my own body I fear for my life yet again, "What line did he feed you Fiona? The one where he claims it's not his, you two didn't sleep together, he would've remembered. Or just claiming that it's mine? Because he can't have a baby mama on the side given he's married to our worst enemies daughter and Mom and Dad's favorite." Seth mocks sourly shooting another round and I screamed again.

"Then who's the father of my baby because I barely remember sleeping with anyone that night! So please if you didn't sleep with me who did?!" I hollered under my arm, crunched up in a ball. I didn't want to think about it too much, it made my head dizzy. "Clearly my brother is infatuated with you. Here's what I'm thinking, he spiked your drink, got you in a room, raped you, and sent you in a cab. A few days go by, you resume work as if nothing's changed. You start to feel the affects of pregnancy and tell him. Knowing his plan is working he remains calm and supportive... am I good so far?" He asks and I nod with minimal movement.

"Why did you say nice glow to me?"

"Because you were glowing, like from the sunlight coming from the window. Not because you were pregnant. I haven't seen you glow one bit, you're a very dull person Fiona." He claims with a wrinkled nose and I saw myself dreaming of punching him.

I had that dream several times a day actually,

Seth puts the gun away and bends down close to me, with caution I sit up right. "You're pregnant with his kid but I'll protect you. I won't let him get to you,"

"Why am I struggling with what's real and not between the two of you? Nate says your bad news, and you say he's bad news? Who do I believe? Nate has only been nice to me, gave me help when I needed it. He's my friend, a rock I lean on, and you terrify me. Make me go crazy with rage, and I want to hurt you. To put it lightly, you aren't someone I'd want to lean on, you aren't my friend, you aren't nice to me, you don't help me. So don't start now because I have something else to share."

His eyebrows danced a bit, he was interested. "Oh what is it now? Come to say that it's twins one for me and my brother?" Ugh, his humor-if that even qualifies for humor- was twisted and demented. I reach in my pocket to pull out my phone, I also hand over the flash-drive. "Alright boss what do we do with the body?"

"We leave it at her doorstep with a note. You'll never have to hurt again. Someone get me a pen!"

Seth's face turned a twisted kind of dark that had his jaw all tight. If I wasn't so scared of him it would be very attractive. "Not only does my future wife shoot me but she snoops through my things. God I'm going to enjoy punishing you with my belt." He says before glancing away from me at the front door. "Seth I-"

"Shh." He clips at me extending his body backwards to go for his gun, I get scared all over again. What's happening? What does he here I don't?

"BOOM!"

The door flies open and parts of it fly into the living room. Seth comes forward to cover me, and I nearly choke on how his smells. Not that he smells bad but it's so intoxicating. "Seth you home? Where's my favorite in-law?!"

Seth pulls back slightly to press his finger against his lips, I nod knowing that I should be quiet. He leads me away from the living room to the next door, the dining room. He opens a closet and ushers me inside.

He begins to close the door when I felt sparks the second he reaches out to trail my cheekbone. Wow, he was really sad about closing that door but before it was completely closed that murderous look I grew to know well was back instantly...

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo