10 - Fences

Fiona's POV

Biting my nails in nervousness, all my senses were in overdrive as I tried to listen to what was mostly laughter. "I'd ask how's Rene and the baby she was carrying but she met the barrel of my gun before I could ask. You remember right Seth?" The man said and to cover my mouth, I couldn't believe I heard.

Seth lost his... 4th wife to the gun of the man who busted up in our place like a fucking savage! "You know the deal Seth. What's the agreement. Let's here it." His booming voice sounds like thunder within the small confines of this closet.

There's a pause, "That Nate's repayment is to keep your daughter happy, safe, and alive. My payment for knocking up your second daughter and doing nothing to save her from nearly drowning, that resulted in not only losing our child but she was crippled, and that's why you killed her. My punishment is that I never have kids of my own. That if any woman I'm involved with ends up pregnant will die in front of me."

Well shit that's not depressing at all?!?!?

"I visited Nate earlier, tells me that you are living the single life. Still mourning my daughter Rene right?"

"Of course sir,"

I laugh, seriously did he just 'sir' someone? - Oh shit! There was a moment of silence before there's footsteps passing the closet I'm in. Slowly I get as small as I can, and hide behind the thick mink coats- who still owns one of these things anyway?! "What are you hiding Seth?"

"Just my guns." Seth joked loudly against the closet door and I hoped and prayed that he everything will be okay. "Well I'll be back Seth... for the holiday. Until then, resume what you were doing."

Obviously Seth didn't love Rene given the first time I saw Seth back at the office, he laughed at the mention of her name. But to hear that she drowned with their child... is just extra heartless. Is that why he's so-well why he acted so determined to protect me because he already went through losing a kid? All this tragedy, made Seth oddly more human. Still a monster but a little more human.

But still what about that recording? And what the fuck did he mean about future wife?! Now that the trauma is over, what does that mean?! The doors open much like my emotions when I rushed out of the closet to hug Seth. Strangely enough he was hugging me back,

At first it was comforting, warm, intense, until I remembered I'm in the Devil's arms. His warm, strong arms. I cough awkwardly and Seth gets the hint and lets me go. "Come help me clean the place up." He says softly grabbing a dust pan and broom.

We start cleaning in silence, and I watch him pick up pieces of the door. Make a few calls, two people come one, take in the damage, and then they leave with a piece of paper. Seth goes about un-buttoning the dress shirt he's wearing. "I'm going to take a shower-"

"Before you do-"

"If your asking to join me, then I accept. If you're not stop talking right now." He tells in a tried tone and I ignore it. "Did you kill my husband?"

"Fiona-"

"Was that man serious about what happened to your wife?"

"Fiona-"

"What's gonna happen to me Seth?"

"FIONA!" Seth picks up the nearest lamp and throws it across the room, and when I don't shiver, scream, or even flinch I know something is broken in me. This violence, his outburst of terror aren't scaring me this time. I think I must be getting use to this. "Drop it. I need sleep, after dealing with... I need sleep. Go to bed, we'll clean up tomorrow. We'll talk tomorrow."

No he wasn't gonna boss me around anymore, "No."

He groans pinching the bridge of his nose, hand on his hip he looked more stressed out the longer we stand here. "No I won't drop it. No I won't be picking up that damn lamp tomorrow when you demand me to. No I won't need sleep because as far as I'm concerned I'll be too paranoid wondering if you killed my husband-and will kill me!"

Finally he picks his head up and looks at me, "I won't-"

"No! All of this is too much Seth! I should just disappear now. Never return, just disappear like I did before." I say the last part to myself, thinking of my torrid past. "What about the flash-drive? The recording? Was it you? Yes or no? Simple answer Seth, will you protect me from whoever that was? What will you do about Nate? Tell him, or cut him off? These aren't hard questions Seth! You won't go to that damn shower without giving me something! You aren't the only one tired here. You aren't the only one in trouble here! And the thing I'm not even having your baby! I'm having your brother's-oh my god."

Alright, the crazy has officially settled in. Shaky fingers run through my hair as I start to stumble back. I'm breathing hard, "Oh I'm stuck between two brothers. Pregnant by one, captive by the other. Kissed by one, hugged by the other. I like the one, I hate the other. I'm loved by-"

"Both." Seth finishes dropping his arm to come over to me, grab me by the face tightly, forcing me to look at him. "You are loved by both Fiona. I may not show it like Romeo Nate but while his love comes from a committed relationship and restrictions. I... I really... enjoy you're company more freely than he does."

Shoving him away from me, "Wow can't even say that you love me?"

"Well do you love me?" Seth blurts out and I could tell he regretted the words before he bit his lip, turned away from me. But he didn't run away to the shower, he remained still. He was waiting for me to say yes, say anything. "No."

Ducking I could tell from how Seth reached over for the gun, he shot it through the glass sliding doors. I didn't waste any time at the escape, as I run through the grass, past the trees, I don't stop for nothing. Not when he's screaming my name...

My chest burned from my body not use to running. But it didn't matter because escaping Seth was sweeter victory than stopping for air. A little pain was necessary for freedom. Seeing the fence I run faster when I glance over my shoulder to see Seth gaining. "FIONA NO!"

Planning to jump onto the fence, climb up, dodge the barbed wire, and jump down I'd be kissing freedom! Too bad the second I touch the metal it attacks me with electrical currents...

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo