23 - Death

Fiona's POV

"I'm Pregnant." I told the man who was the closest person I had to a friend in this office. Nathaniel Taylor who thinks I'm a talented creator here at the company. He's kind, supportive, and loved around the company. So when telling him this news I hope this doesn't get too ugly.

He finally looks up from his files. His blue eyes were warm and inviting, rising from his seat he comes around to hug me tightly. "Congratulations. Are you here to discuss maternal leave or something? Why are you coming up to me with this?"

Okay I'm confused, "Umm sir... the child is yours." He backs up in shock. Stuffing his hands in his pockets he avoids eye contact. "The kid isn't mine. We haven't slept together. Believe me I would've remembered. I don't forget women I've slept with." He simply puts going back to his desk, sitting down and filing through papers. Mortified I go to turn around to be stopped by his following words.

"You must've slept with my twin brother Seth. And this isn't to scare you but... We buried his 4th wife last week."

At the beginning I thought I had a friend in Nate, he was the first person I told about my pregnancy. And then he tries to scare the shit out of me when it comes to Seth Taylor, I mean he didn't have to do that I was already scared of the man. 

I trusted him, I put my faith in him, and while I never had any true feelings for Nate I did love him as a friend, a best friend. But if you told me that I'd end up with Seth, having his baby, and eventually marrying him I'd run away from you in fear. 

Like I'd literally freak out, if you told me that Nate is the one to lure in me in a room, get me stupid drunk to get me in his bed, smother a pillow on my face messing my face up, and being the reason my scars all deformed like this I'd cuss you and Nate out then run away and freak out. 

To relive all that makes me sigh for a long time because I went through some real hardships in a short amount of time. It makes me think how strong I had-have to be to deal with such pain and strength to power through. And the only constant thing I've had through it all was Seth, he was always there whether it was forced or whatever he was always there. Never to really hurt me but to meet and get to know... in his own way...

I laugh thinking of it now, how cute thinking back. He had to literally rip me away from everything just to say hi. Just to know what I was like instead of asking me out for coffee or something, 

Men. 

"The baby looks very healthy, you are doing great Fiona." My doctor says handing me a towel to wipe the gel off my stomach as we're left alone. Looking over at Seth who put his phone down, "Is everything okay?" 

"They're burying Nate later today, do you want to go?" I gulped looking away from him not sure what I want to do just yet. "If you want to, I'll go." I say giving him a small smile. 

Cheyenne's divorce from Nate was record breaking, like after two days of court the two were legally divorced. I was impressed with how Cheyenne held herself against the public, and often stayed with Seth and I. 

Knowing what relationship Seth and Cheyenne had I decided to give them some time to talk as friends and vent to each other so for a night I stayed over Isadora's place. She was happy that everything was working for me. That my memories returned and that I'm safe and sound with Seth, I was happy for myself too. 

Speaking of things that I'm happy for Seth and I have set a date for our wedding, we wanna get married before our baby is born. 

"If you aren't comfortable we won't go Fiona, just say the word." He says patting my knee and I shake my head. Patting his hand I convince myself that it's for the very man I intend to marry. So I take his face, "I'll go." 

He kisses my forehead and helps me to my feet, "Is there anywhere you want to go before we go home?" I can't think of anything and tell him no. And once we get our things together we get in the car to go home before I wanted to stop by to get a burger from McDonalds before Seth insisted he'd make me something at home. 

But all we managed to do was rip each others clothes off, and then he made me something to eat... He's a good man. "So what were you doing on the phone, was it about Nate?" He nods chewing on carrots. "Yea Cheyenne was telling me that he was being buried." 

"Does she know that I-" Seth shakes his head, "No I didn't tell her, I didn't tell anyone. I just took care of it." 

The day after the divorce went through I staked out Nate's new place on the edge of the city. And I went in, said a few words before stabbing him with the kitchen knife. It was flesh wound, later on the news I found out that his body was discovered by Seth who confirmed that Nate had killed himself by gun shot. It was never released that Nate was stabbed though, thanks to Seth. 

"You know it was self defense, me stabbing-" 

"I know I was there in the apartment to see a torn up room, blood on the walls, you were bleeding when you came home. You needed stitches. Besides I still don't understand why you went over there. Why did you go over there?" 

"I guess some part of me still didn't believe Nate, the guy I knew for years to be sweet, kind, and gave me a place to stay. Like how does that guy go to the lengths of beating me, luring me to bed, manipulating me into this trauma. I just needed to understand-" 

"You wanted to understand something even I couldn't understand and I've always been there to notice it all my life but no one believed me. Now that my parents are in town... great. I need a drink," He runs over to the bar and I knew he didn't have the best relationship with his brother. But his parents... "Why are you stressing about your parents being on you, they'll be busy mourning Nate." 

He takes down the cup, "Because they'll find a way to blame me." 

"Well if they do I got your back. Just say the word and I'll attack," I say wrapping my arms around him, placing my head on his back gently. I felt him kiss my knuckles. "I love you." 

**

Seth's POV

The funeral was pretty much over by the time we got there, luckily my parents were stuck on Cheyenne and Fiona was standing a few feet away while I took a second to talk to Nate. 

"Hello brother, it's sad and funny to see you like this. Sorry I mean I forgive you, and I'm sorry for Fiona stabbing you but you deserved it. Much like I did when she shot me. I mean the girl doesn't like to be held down like that too long." 

Leaning closer to the granite rock as if it was really my brother sitting in front of me, "You see brother the beauty Fiona held was your downfall. You fell in love with the beauty of Fiona but never knew anything else. I've always been in love with the beast within her beauty. And there's the difference between us brother." 

Standing I turn and walk over to Fiona, kissing her, we walk back to the car hand in hand. "I love you Seth Taylor." 

"I love you Fiona Taylor." 

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N: I gotta go back from the beginning and edit this story, I never had a chance when trying to write and post all in one day... 

Oh and there's one last chapter after this so thank you for reading the shortest story I've ever written before. Okay bye,