15 - Woke

Cheyenne's POV

In The Afternoon, 

"Wow something smells good Cheryl-Cheyenne? What are you doing in the kitchen?" Nate asks pulling the hot boiling water of noodles away from me, and placing it back on the stove. He also takes away my gloves. "Where's Cheryl? CHERYL!" 

Not willing to sour the mood yet I smile through his bitterness, "I have news to tell you. Sit." I say and I thought he'd notice right away like Seth but he just took the bowl of salad from me and placed it on the table. Ugh, ass hole. 

Taking out the plates, silverware, and finally the pasta everything was ready. I'm only interrupted by Nate's company talk as he scoops food from the dishes. I wasn't interested one bit, I currently shot his brother... twice. I had to tell him about if he lives what will be waiting for him, AKA my father. 

And finally tell Nate to stop fawning over some whore named Fiona. "Nate." I say putting the napkin down. "I have three things to tell you. One being I'm able to hear and see again-not that you noticed. Two, I shot your brother twice, hopefully he's dead. And Third, I want you to stop seeing Fiona. I don't care-" 

"I won't stop seeing Fiona, we are in love. It's Seth who keeps us apart. If you only knew all the shit I went through to get her close to me. To get her in our bed that night at the party, my brother was just waiting around like a sap. He never went after her until I did." To see the killer look I usually see in Seth in Nate was alarming. "What does this girl have over you? Over both of you?" 

He shrugs his shoulders, "I saw a picture. She's gorgeous. I wanted her, but Seth keeps getting in the way." I was beginning to cry again. Wondering what did I do to receive this type of marriage? "Why treat me like-" 

"Our marriage isn't real? Because it isn't. I was forced into marrying you after the accident. We slept together a few times prior that. I barely knew your name Cheyenne. Don't act like we were a fairy tale couple. I'm in love with Fiona, we are having a baby together, and you shooting Seth was great because now he's out of the picture completely. And if he leaves, your father will surely end him so thank you." 

He goes about eating more pasta, gripping the fork tighter until it falls from my fingertips. Watching Nate cough, reach for his water to only choke more harshly. "What's- what did you put in this pasta?!" He roars at me and I slowly get to my feet, 

"I'm taking your car, there's a few things I gotta make right." I tell him as he falls to the ground with a loud thud. I smirk picking up his keys from the very jacket he's wearing. "I promise to  damage your beloved car like you hurt me, Seth, and the poor girl who didn't deserve any of this, Nate." 

**

Seth's POV

Dragging my body to the living room again from the dining room, all I kept thinking was Cheyenne's sad face. Shit, I never meant to hurt her like that. She's been a good friend, a person who actually cares about me, against my brother she sees my side... most of the time. We smoke when Nate doesn't, we play poker when Nate doesn't, and we go to strip clubs. I mean the girl is fun, 

And we did at that while she was blind and deaf. Thinking of all the horrible things I called her in front of Nate... was wrong. I gotta make it right to her, before even thinking about Fiona. Who knows what has happened there, hopefully she's healing and doing much better. 

Knocking myself into the table stand my phone falls to the ground, grabbing it I see one message from Nate. Ignoring it because I know it will make me loose focus in calling Cheyenne, and making this right with my only friend. Why is it when I finally seek clarity every time I'm shot?