Chapter 2

Marcels POV

"Look! It's the geek!" Jamie smirks to his mates. I keep my head down and slowly make my way to my locker.

"You know, the word 'geek' used to describe an entertainer who bit the head off live chickens" I mumbled pushing my glasses up. They all stared at me before bursting out laughing. I see lily, Rachel, Charlotte and the rest looking at us. Charlotte is trying to hold back sniggers.

"You can be serious" Jamie shakes his head. I now my head and open my locker, straightening my checkered jumper. I meekly get my books out and turn around trying to walk away. But I'm too slow.

"Get the bag" Jamie laughs at Matt, his friend.

"Jamie this is going to far-" he gets cut off.

"I said get it" Jamie snarls, "don't tell me your standing up for the freak !" Matt gives me a very apologetic look but I'm wiping my glasses. Taking my bag Matt tips the whole contents down the staircase. I hear a scream at the bottom of the staircase.

Lily's POV

"Matt! Jamie!" I run up to them shouting,"you bullies! How could you be so horrible?!"

"Babe it's ok!" Jamie touches my shoulder.

"Don't you DARE call me babe" I slap his hand away. He stares at me, shocked.

"But look at him! Marcel doesn't BELONG here!" How could he say such a thing.

"The only freak in here is you Jamie. Don't you ever ask me out again. I'd much rather go with Marcel to the dance than with a jerk!" I hissed. I knew that last remark would wind him up. Spinning on my heel, I walk out of the double doors Charlotte, Rachel and the others running after me.

Jamie's POV

I'm so furious at Marcel for ruining my chances i could punch him. But he's already run down the stairs. What a geek. Matt lingers by the staircase.

"Don't you dare" I snarl at him. He and the others follow me down the other staircase in utter silence.