Chapter 3

Julia's POV

A bunch of books land right in front of me followed by a bag. I then see Marcel speeding down the stairs, taking two at a time.

"Oh Marcel, he's been at it again, hasn't he?" I sigh at him beginning to pick up his books.

"Yeah..but you'll never guess what happened this time"

"He squirted juice down you too?" I ask looking up. He shakes his head. Lets just say I'm one of those people who don't entirely hate Marcel.

"Lily stood up for me" he grins. I stare at him.

"Lily, the most popular girl in the school, stood up for you?" I repeat slowly.

"Yup!"

"No. Way." I laugh standing up and handing him his bag.

"Thanks." He smiles at me.

"Sage there you are!" Honor calls me waving.

"Well cya later Marcel" I say smiling back and adjusting my mini skirt.

"Bye!" He says heading the opposite direction.

Marcel's POV

I start walking to music. My books are sticky from the grape soda that leaked when it was thrown down. I sigh. Finally I get into class. Everyone stops and stares at me because I'm not usually this late.

"Freak" Jamie mutters darkly under his breath. Yes, Jamie is in most of my classes. Mrs Skide comes in and everyone quietens.

"Right, your going to be doing a term project!" She announces handing out booklets. A ripple of excited whispers run around the classroom as people arrange who goes with who. Obviously, Rachel is going with Lily and Charlotte is probably going with someone else from that group. I sit alone slightly sad that JJ isn't here or one of the people that don't take me for a complete geek. But seeing as that is such a tiny percentage, its really unlikely that most of the time none of them are in my classes.

"Settle down! No point getting excited. I'm choosing the groups." Mrs Skide says plainly. 3-2-1...everyone groans in annoyance. I take a sigh of relief. She has already started on the list of names.

"Charlotte and Honey...Rachel and Matt...Marcel and Lily" She finishes. Everyone gasps including us two. No one expected that since we on complete different sides of the scale. We stare at each other in shock from the other sides of the classroom. And as for Jamie...if looks could kill I would be dead.