Archie Andrews

Jughead's POV

"Jug, over here."

I could hear the familiar voice of Archie. I turned my head slightly to see him standing at the rivers edge. He gave me that friendly grin that looked awkward. I sighed to myself and tucked my hands in my pockets as I walked over to him.

"Why did you want to meet me here?"

I asked, uninterested. My eyes scanned the dark river. The moon lighted up the dark water, making it peaceful as the sound of rushing water filled my ears. The trees stood above us and rocked as if the wind were trying to put them to sleep.

I felt Archie's hand grab my wrist and pull down at it to get my attention. I looked at him with annoyance and noticed he was looking down at the river soaked dirt. I looked down and analyzed the black dirt. I didn't understand what he was looking at, till I saw it. A bullet. A rifle, most likely.

I stepped back, almost stumbling over a rock.

"What the hell Archie? How did you find this?"

I realized it was also near where the car that was full of evidence was. But, Betty and I never told anyone about it besides the cops.

"I needed to show you. You're the one trying to figure out who killed Jason."

I looked at him and just shook my head as I looked back down at the bullet. Pretty unconvinced.

"There's no way we can get evidence with this. It's just a bullet, there's people hunting up here all the time. Just forget about it."

I knew I already had enough evidence. A lousy bullet would not change anything. I just wish that car wouldn't have burned.

I looked back at Archie who continued to stare at the wet bullet on the ground. I took in a deep breath and turned on my heel. I began to walk away from him. It was dead silent, only the sound of my steps and the river were heard.

"Why have you been acting so distant?"

I heard him ask from behind me in the silence. His voice sounded hallow and emotionless. I stood there for a moment. I looked over my shoulder and at Archie who looked longingly at me.

"Did you just use this bullet as an excuse to get me down here and talk to me?"

I asked a question in return to his. My tone was a bit harsh, as I didn't mean for it to be. He looked down at the hunting bullet, guiltily. I gave him the you're-wasting-my-time face and turned my head back to face the direction of the town.

"I need to get going Archie. It's late."

I told him and started to walk away again. Before I could walk a few paces away from him, his footsteps where heard dashing towards me. I speedily turned around, almost startled by his sudden speed. Before I could react, his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to him. His lips collided with mine, my hands went up and pushed against his chest slightly, my eyes widened. But after a minute, I felt that familiar feeling come back, the one I hated. The feeling of Archie.

His arms wrapped tighter and firmly around my waist so our chests were pressed together. He was intoxicating as his tongue snuck between my lips. As I felt a bit more comfortable, my hands moved away from his chest and my fingers ran through his hair as easily as water. This feeling felt so nice, but I still didn't want it, I was afraid of being hurt again. As his tongue pressed against mine and our lips moved in sync, I felt his hands slither up my back and under my shirt.

A split second later, he pulled away from the kiss that had me basically in a trance. He looked at me, which I gave him a guilty stare in return and looked away. I tried to pull away from the grip that he still had on my back, but as I did so, his forehead came towards mine and rested softly on top of my forehead.

I could feel my heart race. His eyes closed gently as mine stared straight at him.

His eyes opened only a little as his left hand came up slowly to my cheek. His thumb brushed against the black and blue mark branded on my skin. I flinched gently, but didn't pull away. It didn't hurt, it felt nice with how soft he was being, how kind and sincere he was acting, it just surprised me. His hand transferred from my bruise and cupped the side of my face. I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead closer to his.

"I'm sorry about everything Jug."

He whispered to me. His hands slowly fell to his sides and after a minute, I took a step back, still in slight shock. I didn't know what to say; it just happened so suddenly. I'm not even sure if I wanted it. My eyes blinked rapidly as I tried to process what I had just done. I shook my head at myself slightly and looked back up at Archie. I could tell he was waiting for me to reply. I paused.

"I-uh-Archie, I need to go... I'll see you tomorrow..."

I said so awkwardly that a piece of dirt would be smoother than me. I turned back around warily and tried to divulge to myself what had happened.

Archie Andrews, what has he even up to? I couldn't help but feel like I was being used somehow. I don't think he's just doing this out of the blue unless he had a reason.

I walked away from Archie, he was quiet as I stalked away back to the town. I scanned the area. The river where a boy had died with the moon shining its light upon it.

A peculiar place to meet someone in my opinion.