What About Reggie?

Jughead's POV

Finally, I sat in my cupboard at the school. It was pretty much my home now. I felt like Harry from the Harry Potter series. I glanced at my leg and stared at the cast. I had crutches beside me and my nose was also bandaged up. I don't even know what they did to help my ribs but they gave me a lot of pain killers. I glared at the many bruises and cuts.

I was brought to my dad's house from the hospital, but I left with my stuff. I didn't want to be around him.

School was going to start pretty soon and I knew that I was going to get a lot of piercing stares. I checked the time on my phone. Dammit. The teachers are going to start filing in soon. I had to find a way to sneak outside and wait on the steps like usual, acting like I got there early.

~time lapse~

Like I had predicted, I was getting stared from left to right. I could hear voices ring out across the silence of the walls, small questions coming from kids.

"What happened to him?"

"Did Reggie get to him?"

"Does Archie know?"

"Bet he deserved it."

That got to me. It pulled at my temper. I deserved it? I doubt they even know what happened to me.

My crutches clacked against the floor causing more attraction to get dragged to me. I wanted to ditch the crutches but it was a bit harder to walk, I just thought they made me look pathetic.

I haven't seen Archie the last few days unless you count that morning in the hospital. I just hoped he was okay and not that angry at me. I rolled my eyes slightly. He was quite annoying sometimes.

My attention was snatched away from my thoughts as I felt my shoulder being bumped roughly by somebody else. My eyes glanced to the right and saw Reggie's goons smirking devilishly. It felt odd because I noticed Reggie behind them with a stare of regret. He practically stared into my soul with the look of pain on his face. I frowned, very confused. Did he feel... bad?

He noticed what he was doing and snapped back to his cocky self. He chuckled in a hoarse tone and began to walk away with his friends. I could feel the entire hall's eyes on us, waiting. My crutches shook, I was so angry. My blood boiled as my eye twitched. Their footsteps were leaving, but that's when I snapped. My crutches fell to the ground along with my bag. I turned on my heel faster than lightening.

"Go suck a fucking dick!"

My vocal cords managed to say as my one functioning foot launched me forward, towards Reggie. They all turned around, wide eyed. The people in the halls started to cheer or yell. All chanting different words that I wasn't listening to.

My arms swiftly grabbed Reggie's neck as I let all my body weight fall on him. He collapsed to the ground with the same amount of force that he always put on me. My hands tightened around his neck as I felt myself get angrier. He tried to push me off but I could see the panic on his face. His buddies started to panic as well as they started to try and pry me off.

"Get off him, Jones!"

One of them gave me a simple kick to the face. I stopped tightening my hands on Reggie's neck as my eyes slowly transferred to his friend. He realized the mistake he had made as both my hands grabbed his knees forcefully and pulled them out from under him. The people's chanting became louder as his head slammed against the lockers. The other backed away in fear as Reggie gasped. Cowards.

My attention turned back Reggie and I honestly wanted to strangle him to death. That's when it came out. My hands tightened around his neck again, I probably would have left marks.