Okay

Archie's POV

"Dammit!"

I yelled, making Veronica and Betty jump. Their eyes were concerned as they watched me pace my room nervously. I kept staring at the phone, just hoping I'd get a text message from Jug, but my heart knew he wouldn't text back. I sighed sadly and tossed the phone on my bed.

V and Betty sighed as well and looked down at their phones.

"Have you guys gotten anything from Jug?"

I asked hopefully. V shook her head steadily as she typed something to Jug on her phone. I looked at Betty with pleading eyes. Her expression was just as nervous as mine.

"No, we haven't gotten anything."

She said calmly, trying to keep the situation under control. My hands went up to my face and rubbed it rapidly. My feet got faster in pace as my nerves got the best of me.

"Why did you tell Reggie?"

I heard Veronica ask seriously as she continued to stare at her phone hopefully. I looked at her and just wanted to beat myself up. I looked away.

"I don't even know, it came out."

I could tell they both were just as concerned for Jug as I was, but I was letting my concern out as they tried to keep it under control. I glanced at Betty who seemed to light up at a sudden thought she got.

"I totally forgot! How could I forget?!"

She exclaimed enthusiastically as Veronica and I looked at each other in confusion. What was she talking about? Her hands clapped together as she rocked happily.

"Do you remember that sapling that you, me, and Jug had planted years ago since we were bored?!"

I could feel my hopes go up and I smiled at Betty. I do remember that tree, it was Jug's idea. We had nothing else to do and we all stole a sapling out of a landscape truck. Miraculously, we weren't caught. Jug always really liked that tree.

"Betty! You're amazing! I never would have remembered that!"

I lead my gaze to Veronica, who was obviously kinda confused, but we could tell she got the gist of it. I ran over to the bed and grabbed the phone I had tossed. I shoved it in my back pocket and looked at the two girls.

"Okay, you guys go through the window in case my dad sees. I'll sneak downstairs and get his car keys, then we can go."

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table. 11:43 pm, dad should be asleep by now. The girls nodded and Betty jogged over to the window and opened it. She let Veronica slip out first. She glanced at me before going out.

"Be careful your dad doesn't catch you."

She whispered so he couldn't hear next door. I nodded and gave her a brisk smile before slipping out my bedroom door.

My feet quietly made their way downstairs. I could see the car keys hanging on a hook by the door. I carefully made my way to them and grabbed them. My hand gripped the actual keys so they wouldn't jingle together. I opened the door with my right hand and weaved my way between the door and the doorway. I felt the cold breeze hit me, making my body shudder slightly. I closed the door very slowly so it wouldn't make noise.

As soon as it closed, I turned around and jogged to the car. The girls were already standing by it and waited for me to unlock the doors. I clicked the little unlock button on the keys and the girls slipped in without a noise. I opened the door to the car and got in.

"Lets go."

I said as Veronica and Betty put on their seatbelts and I turned the key to the engine.