Reggie the Brutal

Jughead's POV

I roamed the halls during lunch with nothing else to do. I honestly wasn't in the mood for going for the library, too many preps trying to talk to me so they don't feel so lonely. I was never in the mood for the lunchroom, I'd usually sit outside with all my friends, including Archie, but I still felt funky from what had happened last night. And if I went in the room that Betty and I have for keeping track of Jason's death, I would just get caught in the black hole of my brain.

My feet dragged across the floor as my head wobbled from side to side. I didn't get much sleep last night, Archie had me under a spell. I couldn't get my mind to shut the hell up till about 5:30 a.m.

As my feet led their own way through the halls, I felt strange. I looked up and when I walked past people, they went so silent you could hear a pin drop. Typical, people never really liked me, or it was just they thought I was a serial killer and would try to eavesdrop on their conversations. But it seemed a bit strange, they were too cautious of me, something was going on.

I weaved my way through many groups of people who would stop and stare. I started to get a short fuse. I can't go in the hallways without being silently ridiculed.

At last as I rounded a corner, I found a hallway that had no people in it. I exhaled a sigh of relief and my body relaxed. My back found the door of a locker and slithered down it slowly. I got to the floor gently and rested my head on the back of the locker and closed my eyes. It wasn't the tree, but it was peaceful, I could clear my mind.

But of course, before I could start thinking, I see Reggie and his friends come across the corner. I wasn't surprised, but what took the breath out of me was because Archie was with them. I knew he was friends with Reggie since they kinda had to be because of football, but he never really hung out with him anymore.

My head pulled itself away from the locker and into a position where I could see all of the jocks. My lips pursed to the side of my mouth, just waiting. Reggie had finally noticed me on the ground while he was only about 3 meters away. But I was surprised.

I could see a look of satisfaction webbed in his eyes; he stopped in his tracks, what was this look? Archie looked at me, eyes filled with concern, and he looked back at Reggie with an almost pleading, puppy-dog stare. I saw his other two friends snicker. This can't be good.

I raised my brows at him sassily.

"Who're you plotting to slaughter today?"

I asked calmly.

He didn't say a word, just a simple chuckle and he transferred a look of entertainment to his friends, but Archie did not look too happy.

Reggie walked over to me, closing the gap between us. His back also slithered down the locker next to me until he was sat on the floor.

"Jughead Jones, I've got some dirt on you. I would have consulted you before telling most of the school, but I was busy."

His tone was calmingly chilling as I felt my spine shiver. I glanced at Archie who stood above us and his face was whiter than snow.

"Too bad somebody burned your car filled with Jason's stuff. Looks like you don't have anymore trophies of Jason after killing him. We all know killers like to keep trophies of their victims, right?"

His tone sounded like he was trying to explain to a five year old that you don't say bad words, but it was more suspenseful. What made it worse was that we didn't tell anyone, I was just a little glad that it wasn't about me and Archie. But my stare bulleted to Archie with anger. I felt like he had something to do with this. His face got paler making him practically a ghost.

Reggie grunted next to me as his huge body hoisted itself from the ground.

"I guess I better get going. Oh, and you should take care of that."

He said and gestured to the bruise that he gave me. My hand came up to the bruise and covered it slightly.

They prowled off, laughing like they were orcs. But Archie stayed behind and stared at me with one of the saddest looks he's ever given me.

I bulleted up to my feet and stood intimidatingly in front of Archie, I almost became a murder then and there.

"Let me explain! Okay?!"

He held his hands up in front of me, trying to calm me down, like I was going to calm down.

"Why does the school know that there's a car with evidence in it?!"

My voice got louder and louder with each word I blurted out. I was not in the mood for any of this today.

"Betty may have let it slip that you guys found a car with evidence in it, and then I may have accidentally let it slip to Reggie without me meaning to. You know Reggie too, he automatically 'tracked' the evidence back to you, wanting to mess with you."

"I-er-wha-eh-"

I spluttered out. How in the hell do you let something like THAT slip to someone like HIM. I would have been fine with Betty letting it slip to Archie by accident, but Archie telling Reggie, of all people, was what made me angry.

"Archie! How?! How could you do that to me?!"

I was so flustered that my voice got higher in pitch and I could feel every part of my body tense up. Archie cowered down to me like a dog. I could see the regret in his face, but it was too late for that.

"Jug, I'm so sorr- *huff!*"

Before he could finish, I had pushed my hands against his chest so forcefully that he slammed into the lockers on the other side of the hall. The thud sounded louder than an earthquake and I could see the pain stitch to his face. I stood there, I didn't feel sorry. The emotion I had was nearly impossible to describe, I was furious.

Archie's body fell to the floor hunched over, the look on his face was he look of I deserve this.

"It's far too late to apologize, Andrews."

I exclaimed calmly but at the same time, furiously. I stared at his limp body for one last moment before setting off down the hall with my body shaking from anger. I almost felt like I was on the verge of breaking down as the many eyes of teenagers glared at me, all saying the same thing.

'Did you kill Jason?'

'I think he did.'

'He killed Jason, he had to, he's crazy!'

I needed to prove these people wrong to keep my name clean... and what was I to do about Archie?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I promise there will be more Jarchie scenes soon, haha.