Chapter 1

Time skip-2 year

"Storm," I say to get his attention, he looks over at me, "How do you think everyone is?" He replies, "I don't know but I hope they got stronger," he gives a smirk, as did I, but we both know what is to come and it's not going to be pretty. "The train's here. You ready to go home?" he asks. "Yeah I missed home." We got on the train and took our seats. "I'm tired but there's a long way to go isn't there?" I ask him. "Yeah but we've got a couple stops so we should be home in a few hours," he answers and so we sit here in silence and fall asleep until our next stop which is an hour away.
Reiki pov
"Luke are you ready?" I ask him. "Yeah just let me pay," he answers. He sets the amount down and we head to the train station, "are you ready to see Magnolia after two years?" he asks me. "Yeah I am, I wonder how everyone is?" "Hopefully stronger," he says. We joke but the truth is we're scared for the future. The train pulls in and we hand the tickets over to the conductors and head to our seats. I see the pink hair first "Nashi?!?!" I say and Reiki looks to where I'm looking. "Storm too. Do you think they're on a mission?" "I don't know but the seats in front of them look to be the only ones open" I say and we make our way over to the seats.

"Luke, Reiki man I missed you guys, are you on a mission?" storm asks. Reiki looked at me confused, "Um no we thought you guys were" Reiki says. "No we're coming from a training trip" Nashi says laying down on storm, she must be sick. "What a coincidence so are we, did you unlock dragon force?" I ask her. "Yeah," storm answers for her. I look at him and he shakes his head as to say please don't ask about it with sorrow in his eyes. I looked over to Reiki his eyes said we shouldn't bother them unless they ask, I broke my gaze and started shifting uncomfortably he shifted closer to me.
   I looked up and I see Nashi and Storm look at us. Nashi says "Story for a story?" Storm looks out the window but Nashi, trying to sit up to tell us the story, makes him turn his attention to her. "Nashi are you sure you want to do this?" Storm asks her. "Yeah I'm sure" she says, "that is, if they want to share their story?" she adds. "It's up to Luke" Reiki says, "It's fine with me" I say and she starts her story. "We got a few jobs... protect the town from dark mages... get a cat out of a tree yatta yatta. We thought the job was going to be a normal, protect the town from two dark mages and get 1000 jewels, the dark mages attack as soon as we accept the job and we run out to protect the town. The fighting was intense and then the dark mage I was facing decided to attack Storm when his back was turned." She takes a deep breath, looking like she's holding back tears, and storm reaches over a holds her hand and looks at her and she shakes her head.

  "She thought I had died, I thought I had died, I don't know what happened. I don't even know how or why I'm alive," Nashi spoke again. "I killed them. I killed the dark mages and I cried over Storm's body and he came back to life. The villagers called me monster but I didn't care I cared about what they called Storm, 'the boy living on borrowed time' or 'Deadman,' they forced us out thinking Storm would steal their lives and I'd kill them in their sleep. So that's how we got a nickname and I unlocked dragonforce," Nashi finished. Reiki gasped "That was you two?!" "What?" I ask. "The demon and the Deadman of Fairy tail," Storm spoke up. I scrunched my eyebrows together and then it clicked, "We passed through that town a week after that," I say. "Also where we got a nickname and our story as well" Reiki says.

"Luke," I look over at Reiki and shake my head it's something that'll haunt me to the day I die. "We got there and they were talking about you guys, so of course Luke was like 'don't talk bad about Fairy-tail' and started a fight, but what happened next shocked us." He took a shaky breath, "They stabbed Luke from behind and I lost it, and it took him hugging me to stop," he rubbed the bridge of his nose, "and so I'm now known as the crimson horror and Luke is known as the Blond Protector." I was tired and so was everyone else, so we ended the stories there and we rested until we got to Magnolia.