Chapter Fifty

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Fifty

"Everything alright, Little One?" Edward asked. "I thought you were having a good time."

"I was. I just wanted to spend some time alone with you," I answered quickly.

"You're lying, Bella. Something's got you spooked," Edward said as he stopped me. "What is it?"

"I felt like someone was watching me. Watching us," I said, narrowing my eyes. Edward looked around, trying to see whatever it was in the darkness. "It was in the club. That freaky feeling is gone now."

"Still," he hissed, grabbing his glock from his ankle. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Bella." We walked at a brisk pace back to my car. I noticed that the cars surrounding it were gone and we were out in the open. The only other vehicle was a black SUV on the other side of the parking garage. "I don't like this."

"Me neither," I whimpered.

Edward walked slowly to the car. Using the remote, he unlocked it and began checking it out. He popped the trunk and his breath caught. "Bella, we've got to go."

"What? Why?" I asked.

He didn't answer as he swept me in his arms. Running quickly, he carried me out of the parking garage. No sooner had we gotten out of the garage did the ground quake and there was a large explosion. Edward fell, bringing me down with him. He curled around me as the flames erupted in the parking garage. "Little One?" Edward cried nervously. His hands moved over my body. I was in shock. "Bella, talk to me. Please? Are you alright. Are you hurt?"

Was I hurt?

I moved my arms, legs and torso. I was sore and I could feel some scrapes on my back and shoulders. Was I hurt badly? No.

Was I terrified?

Fuck. Yes.

The sounds of sirens wailing filled our ears and the black SUV that was parked in the garage sped out onto the street. Shots rang out. Edward shielded me with his body as he shot at the car, barreling away from us. The tire went flat but it still moved away. "Baby, we've got to go," Edward said brokenly. "Arms around my neck, Little One." Blindly, I wrapped my arms around his body and he easily carried me away, hailing a cab.

I sat in Edward's arms in the cab, not saying anything. My eyes were wide with fright. Someone had tried to kill me. I could have been dead.

"Little One," Edward cooed, holding me tighter. "Let it out, baby."

What was that screaming?

Oh, it's me.

"Dude, shut her up. Her screaming is giving me a migraine," the cabbie growled.

"Unless you want a bullet in your skull, you deal with the god damned screaming," Edward hissed at him. He pulled out his gun and cocked the hammer. "Got me?"

"Yeah, got you," he squeaked. His driving picked up speed. I was still screaming. Before I knew it, we were pulling up to my dad's house. Edward threw a couple hundred dollar bills at the asshole cabbie.

"You tell a soul and I will find you. No one will be able to recognize your body. Silence is golden, jackass," Edward snarled. The cabbie nodded and peeled out of the driveway. Edward held me to his chest. "I've got you, Little One. No one's going to touch you. I promise."

"Why?" I sobbed, burying my nose into his chest.

"What's going on? Edward! What the fuck did you do to my daughter?"

"I didn't do a god damned thing, Charlie," Edward sneered. "Someone planted a bomb in the trunk of her car. Someone tried to have both of us killed."

"Oh my God," Charlie breathed as he walked towards me. I clutched Edward, wanting to get closer to him.

"Little One, your dad wants to see you," Edward cooed, brushing my hair away. I shook my head. I didn't want Edward to let me go. I felt safe...well, as safe as I could, in his arms.

"Please, baby girl," Charlie whispered. "You can go back to Edward once I'm done. I just need to hold you." I pulled away from Edward and clumsily stumbled into my dad's arms. They didn't hold the same appeal as Edward's did. "I promise, Bella, that whoever did this to you will pay." I nodded and looked up at Edward. His hair was askew and his cream colored shirt was covered in soot, torn at the sleeve. His green eyes were filled with so much worry.

Carmen walked over to me and brushed my hair out of my face. "Come, child. Let's get you cleaned up. Your father needs to talk to Edward."

"No," I whimpered. I ran over to him, jumping into his arms. "Please stay with me. Edward, please!"

"I'm not going anywhere, Bella," he soothed, holding me against his chest. "Can I talk to you later, Charlie?"

"Of course, Edward," Charlie said wearily.

"Do you want to go up to your room or stay with me?" he asked quietly, pressing his lips to my temple.

"You. I want to stay with you," I whispered. He carried me to his room and closed the door. Tenderly, he put me onto the bed and knelt in front of me. The hollow, scared look was back in his eyes. I traced beneath his eyes, frowning deeply. "I'm sorry..."

"Why are you sorry, Bella?" he asked as he began working on removing my shoes. "You did nothing wrong."

"You're hurt," I said as I looked at his elbow that was bleeding slightly. "It's my fault."

"It's not your fault," he said as he took my face in his hands.

"I wanted to go out," I muttered dejectedly.

"And we did and up until that point, I had a great time. Yes, we've got a situation but I vow to you that nothing will ever hurt you," he said. He kissed me sweetly and pushed away.

"Where are you going?" I asked, panic rising in my chest.

"Getting you something to sleep in," he said. "Your dress is kind of torn up and ruined." I looked down and my chiffon dress was indeed beyond repair. My legs were covered in scrapes as were my arms and knuckles. Edward walked back with a pair of boxers and a t-shirt. "Go on in the bathroom and I'll get some first aid supplies for your scrapes."

"You're not leaving me, are you?"

"No, Little One," he said, looking into my eyes. "I promise I'll stay with you for as long as you need me."

A/N: *Bites lip*...

Switching POVs next chapter. Back to Edward. You know the drill. Leave me some!

\a