Chapter One-Hundred Two

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 102

I watched as Edward wandered around the suite, touching the furniture and gaping out the window that overlooked the river. His eyes fell to the bed and he gave me a shy expression. "Do you like it?" I asked anxiously.

"The room is great but the woman standing in the room is what impresses me," he said, striding back over to my spot and hugging me fiercely. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Thank you, baby." He kissed me sweetly, giving me a boyish grin. "This is the nicest place I'd ever stayed in. Well, besides the villa and your home."

"I'd like to see your apartment," I teased, toying with his hair.

"It's a dump, Little One," he said dryly.

"Still, it's a part of your history," I replied. "When we get back, I want to see your apartment."

"Fine," he sighed resignedly. He carried me to the couch and sat down. I stayed on his lap, running my fingers through his soft hair. His eyes fluttered shut and if he got more relaxed, he'd start purring. Leaning forward, I began pressing soft, barely-there kisses along his face. His arms banded around me and he held me close. While the sexual stuff was amazing, this closeness, this intimacy was something I never experienced. I loved it. I loved being able to caress and kiss and love him. He was just as gentle, playing with my hair, pressing his own lips to my shoulders, neck and ears. There was nothing really sexual about it, except the position. We stayed in that position until my legs fell asleep. I moved off his lap and we lay down on the couch. "What do you want to do tonight?" Edward asked, running his fingers down my cheek.

"This," I murmured. "I want to be held, protettore."

"I don't' blame you. This sounds perfect," he smiled crookedly, pulling me closer to his body. His thigh slid between my legs and you couldn't tell where he ended and where I began. "How about tomorrow?"

"That's up to you, Edward. It is your birthday, tomorrow. It's my job to spoil you and you can't complain about it," I smirked, kissing his nose. He grumbled but nodded in acquiescence.

"I don't know much about Venice," he said, staring into my eyes.

"Well, there's the gondola rides, St. Mark's Basilica, the Grand Canal, nearby Verona, gelato, artwork, wine," I prattled off.

"How about tomorrow we do the gondola ride, and St. Mark's. Also, isn't there a Grand Canal dinner cruise?" he asked.

"It could be," I replied. "It would take some effort to make it happen..."

"Let's just stick with the gondola ride and then go out to dinner tomorrow," he replied. "Saturday, I want you to do decide."

"Verona. Romeo and Juliet," I giggled, moving closer to him. "You can be my Romeo and woo me from my balcony."

"Perfect," he beamed, covering my mouth with his. "But, I don't want to kill myself."

"Me neither," I murmured. "We'll be like Romeo and Juliet, but with a happy ending."

"I love the sound of that," he said, tucking me into his arms. He yawned, a few tears leaking out of his eyes.

"You're still tired," I said, tracing the dark circles underneath his eyes.

"I'll live," he said, pressing his cheek to my head.

"Take a nap. I'm tired, too. Long road trips tend to do that to me," I said, snuggling even closer to him. There was no space between us. It was warm but I felt protected, loved and oh, so comfortable. He didn't respond. When I looked up, he was dead to the world, sleeping soundly. I kissed his puckered lips. "I love you, Edward."

"Love you, too," he mumbled, incoherently. He pulled me closer and his breathing was deep. He was down for the count. I smiled, closing my eyes and relishing in his embrace, his mumbled words of love and the feeling of safety and protection.

I never wanted this to end.

A/N: So, we have a plan for the weekend. Touristy, Venice-y, young kids in love-y stuff on Edward's birthday. A day trip to Verona on Saturday. And let's not forget some LEMONADE! *giggles* Pictures of their adventures, both in Venice and with each other, will be on my blog or my tumblr. Links for both are on my profile. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Loving? Please leave me some??

%2co