Chapter 18

It was well past midnight and the day was finally over.

I looked at Syn who had on a large apron over yet another of her ridiculous costume and I contemplated for the upteenth time in telling her that I was gay. Or at least I think I was. At the very least I was having a major identity crisis.

I had fucked a complete stranger on the beach possibly in full view for all to see only this morning. Thinking back, it had been a little awkward after we fucked. I hadn't even known the dude's name.

"My name's Carter, Carter Lewis, " he had said when I had stumbled awkwardly over my get away speech.

"Emm..yes. Well it was great to meet you Carter, " I managed to get out without choking in the process..I was beyond awkward and embarrassment by then. My only aim had been to run and run fast in the opposite direction.

And what had I run into? Chaos of massive proportions.  Syn was practically sobbing over the hot stove or it could have just been sweat, either way I had refused to take a bite of anything she cooked. I had done my best to help out with all the other house hold chores that suddenly all fell to me while Syn struggled on in the kitchen doing nothing more then first making a mess in it and then clearing it all up. At least that is how it appeared.   We couldn't go on like this.

I took another ravenous bite into my pizza and downed a long gulp of coke. This was my only meal for the day. If we kept this up all of me would fade to nothing.

"Well I'm done," Syn pushed aside the empty plate before her and stood up to stretch. I felt a little proud of her.  We had no food returned to the kitchen nor any complaints or cases of food poisoning.  That by my books was a job well done in deed.

"You did well today, Syn," I praised her buttering her up for what was to come.

"Thanks!  I did didn't I?" she beamed down at me. " I didn't want that asshole to win the last laugh.  The inconsiderate snob leaving on spot without notice. Thinking we would crumble without him. Well we won't.  Not I!"

I was not entirely sure but I figured she was still groaning over Jim's tossing in the towel. I shook my head.I should have known she would be more then reasonably worked up by his walking out. I don't see why though he was going to leave sooner rather then later. Syn was kidding herself in thinking he would have stayed for her. Jim-James had his millions to manage and he couldn’t possibly get much done out here and that too from behind a stove.

I leaned back against the beach lounging chair and stared up at the cool dark skies splattered with sprinkles of glittering stars and blurted out the truth I could no longer hold back. The truth that had been playing on my mind like a broken record stuck on constant repeats.

"I'm gay."

"Huh?  That's not even a new one Luc, you are losing your touch, " Syn snickered annoying me no bounds in the process.

"I fucked bleeding Carter on the beach this morning.  So I'm telling you I'm fucking gay!" I all but yelled at her and had the satisfaction of watching her gape, sputter and gasp like a fish out of water.

"You did what? " she yelled outright