Chapter 23

"My name is Raul," he said smiling charmingly down at me.

"I'm Syn," I muttered tiredly.

"Care to join me for a night cap?"

"Do you think I'm  a bad sister?" I randomly asked him.

"Undoubtedly," he stated unhelpfully. "You're as bad a sister as I am a brother," Raul stated matter of factly. "It is why we should drink our woes away..together."

"I have a boyfriend," I said vaguely unsure if I should be calling Jim-James that. We haven't exactly put a name to our relationship.

"Well that would work perfectly in our favour. Did I not mention I was a terrible boyfriend material?"

"No what you forgot to mention was that you're really bad at jokes," I replied tartly. I sniffed away my remaining tears and found a pristine white hanky pressed into my hand. I felt my eyes water again and muttered a pitiful,"Thank you."

"Well since you've declined my very generous offer of a night cap, I shall escort you back to your boyfriend," Raul volunteered reluctantly.

"Thanks," I said again and obligingly trotted off after him. It was just as well he offered his services as a guide for in returning I noticed I was quite lost. This place was a maze.

Soon enough we were back at the party and Jim was deep in conversation with some elderly dude.

"Here I'll take up your offer for a drink," I said grabbing a champaign flute off a passing tray and handing it over to him then I grabbed one for myself. I ignored the staring eyes turned our way no doubt thinking there's the crazy crying girl back to cause havoc. 

I opened my mouth to pour in some champagne but instead found myself pouring out my problems to my avidly listening audience of one. Raul cocked his head to the side and listened to how I got my house and what efforts we took to make it pay for itself and over my decision to simply hand it back to Jim-James.

"So you are giving him your house and the pleasures of your flesh too. Lucky man," Raul stated at the end.

"That's it. After all that lengthy diatribe all you have to say is Jim's lucky he us getting the shag as well as the shack?" I asked incredulously.

"Well not quite. I believe you worded it much better but that is the gist of what I had to say. Yes. Very insightful," he praised me mockingly.

I scowled up at him.

"Shall we go?" Jim was by myside then looking tired and irritated.

"Um..yes, okay," I said and muttered out an unfriendly goodbye to Raul.

"Ah but we will meet again soon. I find I have a yearning to experience a stay at this Nude Camp," he grinned down at me wickedly and I abruptly turned around and clicked my way rapidly across the polished floor wanting to put as much distance between us as I could.

Jim was right with me. "What the fuck did you tell him?

Oh-uh!